Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there life after death ? I’ve always been a catholic and believed in heaven but lately I’ve been hearing other theories and it makes me worried
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    From a Agnostic Hindu perspective-

https://youtu.be/O1B0lDS1Jnw

Further study-
    https://youtu.be/qMryd4gurQk

https://youtu.be/_k-V98B9ipg

https://youtu.be/d2tL4pgY-b8

ReputationRep:
    We'll never know. For that reason, live for the now and not the near future, don't spend your life worrying about what will happen to you when you die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    Is there life after death ? I’ve always been a catholic and believed in heaven but lately I’ve been hearing other theories and it makes me worried
    Hi. You need to get a good understanding of what your faith in God is all about because life is full of shaky situations and untruths and you need to be on guard ready to defend your faith and your hope in Christ Jesus, which is an eternal hope.

We are mind, body and soul. Once we are in the world we are eternal, not the outside shell, the body, which decays and dies, but our souls. God knew you before you were even conceived and he says he know the plans he has for you which are good.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..." Jeremiah 1 v 5

For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.… Jeremiah 29 v 11

I'd recommend you go to a good church which has good biblical preaching and also one that runs the Alpha course. Try and read your bible and pray daily to strengthen your faith I recommend an app called the bible in a year from a church in London called HTB.

This life isn't all there is. God has promised life eternal for those who put their faith in Jesus. God bless

ReputationRep:
    IF you spend your life in fear of death & hell ....your life wil become living hell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    The true gospel says you need to get The Life before death by being "born again"
    . . . what Peter, Mary and the others experienced at Pentecost:

"they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues (an unlearned prayer language), as the Spirit gave them utterance" (Acts 2v4)

Peter explained:
    "therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he (Jesus) has shed forth this, which you now see and hear . . . the promise is to you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." (vv33, 39)

. . . that means you and me!

I've received it, is there anything you want more?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.