Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there life after death ? I’ve always been a catholic and believed in heaven but lately I’ve been hearing other theories and it makes me worried
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    From a Agnostic Hindu perspective-

https://youtu.be/O1B0lDS1Jnw

Further study-
    https://youtu.be/qMryd4gurQk

https://youtu.be/_k-V98B9ipg

https://youtu.be/d2tL4pgY-b8

ReputationRep:
    We'll never know. For that reason, live for the now and not the near future, don't spend your life worrying about what will happen to you when you die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    Is there life after death ? I’ve always been a catholic and believed in heaven but lately I’ve been hearing other theories and it makes me worried
    Hi. You need to get a good understanding of what your faith in God is all about because life is full of shaky situations and untruths and you need to be on guard ready to defend your faith and your hope in Christ Jesus, which is an eternal hope.

We are mind, body and soul. Once we are in the world we are eternal, not the outside shell, the body, which decays and dies, but our souls. God knew you before you were even conceived and he says he know the plans he has for you which are good.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..." Jeremiah 1 v 5

For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.… Jeremiah 29 v 11

I'd recommend you go to a good church which has good biblical preaching and also one that runs the Alpha course. Try and read your bible and pray daily to strengthen your faith I recommend an app called the bible in a year from a church in London called HTB.

This life isn't all there is. God has promised life eternal for those who put their faith in Jesus. God bless

ReputationRep:
    IF you spend your life in fear of death & hell ....your life wil become living hell...

ReputationRep:
    The true gospel says you need to get The Life before death by being "born again"
    . . . what Peter, Mary and the others experienced at Pentecost:

"they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues (an unlearned prayer language), as the Spirit gave them utterance" (Acts 2v4)

Peter explained:
    "therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he (Jesus) has shed forth this, which you now see and hear . . . the promise is to you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." (vv33, 39)

. . . that means you and me!

I've received it, is there anything you want more?

ReputationRep:
    Yes there is life after death, I speak from personal experience on this matter.

However, no one truly knows what happens, however most mainstream religions have the idea pretty far off.

When the body dies, the spirit, or true self leaves. The ego, which is the mind, beliefs and concepts that the human created dissolves. This way we remember and become aware of who we truly are. What happens next is very much up for debate. A lot of spiritual people have actually astral projected and told us (See youtube videos of for example Ryan Cropper) what death is potentially like.

There is no such thing as death, it is a simple transition to the spirit world, or another plane of existence. Death is a humanmade word. You cannot die, for you are that you are. Eternal. Energy which cannot be created nor destroyed.

The spirit will transition to a realm of consciousness that matches its vibration ( if it lead a happy life it will go a higher realm if not then lower realm). Higher realms would be akin to heaven, but are not heaven. Heaven in itself does not exist, again it is an egoic construct that humans made. Higher realms are said to be peaceful and loving in feeling. With friendly entities, lower realms are the opposite. Dark, scary and full of sorrow. Again this is not hell, it does not exist, this is a human made concept.

Spiritualists, like myself believe the ultimate goal is to return to source, or God. As God made us and everything in the universe to understand itself. Upon repeated lifetimes we become enlightened and return to source, the ultimate consciousness. By doing so we lose our ego identity and merge forever in loving energy.

Don't take my word on any of this, certain people who have been regressed, or have near death experiences reported a lot of this.

ReputationRep:
    The posing of the question is testimony to the fact that your mind has already been conditioned and steered down a specific way of thinking. The very concept of "death" is something that other humans have given you. It allows them to control us, to make us live in fear. Most religions have their cores built around such nonsense.

Let me set a scenario for you to help widen your thinking.

There is a huge box of lego bricks. Someone has used them to build a superbly detailed medieval castle. It's quite amazing. Turrets, drawbridges, windows, wagons . . . all sorts of things. It's a work of art.

The next day someone else comes along and kicks the whole thing in and then builds a sports car from the pieces.

Imagine now that the bricks represent life.

Question: Did the castle "die"?

Has anything actually died?

The truth is that YOU are a collection of tiny life building blocks. It is possible in this universe to reduce absolutely anything right back to its most fundamental building blocks, its "prima materia"

When that happens, has anything "died"?

The concept of "death" is in many ways ridiculous because there is no matter in this universe that can be created or destroyed. It's the first law of thermodynamics. Actually it more accurately refers to energy.

When you think this through you reach some interesting conclusions.

It means that everything that exists in this universe, EVERYTHING, has been here since the beginning. We are talking about energies but imagine the universe as that immense collection of lego bricks.

The same lego bricks are still present in the universe since it began all those billions of years ago.

This also means that every brick that makes up YOU, has equally been here since the start. So YOU have been here billions of years.

Let that sink in.

We can't create any new bricks (energy) but we can change one form into another. We can boil water and turn it from liquid to vapour. The act of fusion can turn Hydrogen atoms into Helium atoms and so on.

So in one great sense there is nothing to worry about in terms of "dying". Your universal "prima materia" components have always been here, they will always remain here.

What will happen is that they will be assembled into something else, just as the castle was reformed into a sports car.

So we are really only talking about form. The changing of one form to another. The ceasing of your human form and its remoulding into another form. You've already been through countless such form changes in the billions of years since the universe began. That you can not remember them is immaterial. You have always been here, you are a fundamental part of the universe, a tiny part, but a part nevertheless. You can not be destroyed, you can only be changed.

I'm afraid that the wickedness of men has lead to the understanding that the human condition is basically one that can be easily manipulated. Humans ARE vulnerable. They can be programmed from birth, through childhood to accept and believe anything at all. We are little more than fancy robots.

One of the hard tasks in each of our lives is to come to an understanding about this vulnerability, to recognise how we have been pre-conditioned since childhood, and to de-programme ourselves and let go all the feelings of guilt and worry and uncertainty, all the baggage we were saddled with. Not easy to do because the programming is extremely clever and complex, based on fundamental behaviour controls and is constantly reinforced by the immense number of other programmed people who collectively make the whole thing seem real and acceptable.

Fear of dying is an integral part of this mind controlling nonsense. Equally fear of going to "Hell" (as expressed by someone else in a recent thread) is just the result of clever programming. These are things created by humans, wicked humans who have crafted ways to dupe and enslave other humans.

Summary then.

You have been here billions of years. You were born in a star, little more than Hydrogen and Helium atoms back then but over billions of years you were changed into many other things. Change after change after change eventually reaching your current form as a human being. You can not die, you will always be here. Only your form will change.

Why worry about that?

Do you really think this current form is something to be proud of and cling on to? This form is weak, vulnerable, flawed, easily manipulated. It takes you ages to get from A to B walking. You can be hurt by almost anything. Your form can suffer terribly from viruses and bacteria and all manner of illnesses.

Wouldn't a better form be worth having?

How about a form where you could jump from A to B just by thinking!
    How about a form that didn't need to get its energy from air and food and drink and sunlight. A form that could travel through the infinite distances of space in an instant.

Dying is a lie in the way it is presented by unscrupulous humans.

The caterpillar does not fear death.

It curls up and creates a cocoon part way through its existence. It's body turns to mush inside (it's prima materia) and then wonderfully is remade into a completely new form, a butterfly.

The same creature takes to the air free and wild, no longer destined to crawl on its belly on the ground.

The truth of life is always to be found all around you. Just observe Nature and what she does. It's all there.

Put aside the man-made dogmas, religions, systems of belief and come to understand exactly what you are.

TEMET NOSCE

ATB

ReputationRep:
    i personally believe there is because you cannot destroy energy once it has been created. I personally believe that we relive our lives over and over but our memories don't get completely deleted that is why we have de ja vu's, that is just my opinion not based on fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PepsiMaximus)
    i personally believe there is because you cannot destroy energy once it has been created.
    We can't create energy either Pepsi.

There is a finite amount of energy in the universe and that's it. It has always been here, it will always be here. The only thing that changes is the form the energy takes.

(Original post by PepsiMaximus)
    I personally believe that we relive our lives over and over but our memories don't get completely deleted that is why we have de ja vu's, that is just my opinion not based on fact
    Close

We live the same continuing life but experience that continuation in a variety of different forms. One life, an eternal life, in many forms.
    The form dictates what we experience. Forms with eyes can see. Forms with ears can hear. Forms without memory only know the present. Forms with limited memory only remember that limited time period.

We are all made of the same universal energy, the first matter, so in this respect we are all the same. Including any "God" that exists.
    We are God, God is us. We are all a tiny part of God, and God is collectively everyone and everything.

We all instinctively seek to get back to that original source.

What we perceive as "death" and dying is nothing more than the next metamorphosis from one form to another. You could say that a caterpillar dies when it climbs up a plant stem, and cocoons itself. But as we all know it emerges as a butterfly. No death at all then. Just transformation.

Nothing dies. Everything changes.

So has it been since the beginning of the universe.

ReputationRep:
    When a converted person leaves time and enters eternity their soul awaits the resurrection and their spirit returns to the Almighty. The soul and the new resurrection flesh will be united on the last day unto eternal bliss.

When the wicked die their soul is dragged into Hades/Hell to be tormented until the resurrection of the dead unto eternal damnation.

Repent therefore and trust upon the Messiah for eternal salvation.

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

ReputationRep:
    Oh put a sock in it Huw. What kind of person preys on the fears of vulnerable people with this kind of clap trap. You use terms you do not understand. Like a sheep you follow the mantra of brainwashing powermongers and apply a literal translation to the scriptures. That is foolish. It is plainly obvious that the terms are NOT literal and instead speak to us in allegories and in cryptic verse. I have explained plainly the true meaning of Genesis to you and others, its allegorical meaning, that it is referring to an alchemical process not the creation of the universe. If you have not eyes to see or ears to hear then be silent.

James 1:26 - If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
    Oh put a sock in it Huw. What kind of person preys on the fears of vulnerable people with this kind of clap trap. You use terms you do not understand. Like a sheep you follow the mantra of brainwashing powermongers and apply a literal translation to the scriptures. That is foolish. It is plainly obvious that the terms are NOT literal and instead speak to us in allegories and in cryptic verse. I have explained plainly the true meaning of Genesis to you and others, its allegorical meaning, that it is referring to an alchemical process not the creation of the universe. If you have not eyes to see or ears to hear then be silent.

James 1:26 - If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain.
    The truth seems to frighten you. It means that your life of sinfulness in the unregenerate state is not going to end well and so you become agitated. I can't help but notice that you haven't dealt with the matter in hand but just stepped in with groundless accusations.

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

ReputationRep:

Well said. There are some people that, no matter what the thread,feel the need to look down on people. Not very Christian is it?

ReputationRep:
    Just enjoy life and believe whatever you want to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    Well said. There are some people that, no matter what the thread,feel the need to look down on people. Not very Christian is it?
    I'm not a christian. I have not said I am a christian. It's very presumptuous of you isn't it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    One of the greatest albums of all time. The Notorious B.I.G. was a genius.

ReputationRep:
    We can't create energy either Pepsi.

There is a finite amount of energy in the universe and that's it. It has always been here, it will always be here. The only thing that changes is the form the energy takes.

Close

We live the same continuing life but experience that continuation in a variety of different forms. One life, an eternal life, in many forms.
    The form dictates what we experience. Forms with eyes can see. Forms with ears can hear. Forms without memory only know the present. Forms with limited memory only remember that limited time period.

We are all made of the same universal energy, the first matter, so in this respect we are all the same. Including any "God" that exists.
    We are God, God is us. We are all a tiny part of God, and God is collectively everyone and everything.

We all instinctively seek to get back to that original source.

What we perceive as "death" and dying is nothing more than the next metamorphosis from one form to another. You could say that a caterpillar dies when it climbs up a plant stem, and cocoons itself. But as we all know it emerges as a butterfly. No death at all then. Just transformation.

Nothing dies. Everything changes.

So has it been since the beginning of the universe.

Thank you, I like this a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huw M Thomas)
    I'm not a christian. I have not said I am a christian. It's very presumptuous of you isn't it.
    Equally presumptuous to assume he was calling you a Christian.

He simply said "Not very Christian is it?"

He wasn't calling you a Christian, he was simply saying you are not demonstrating Christian behaviours. As someone who repeatedly posts Bible quotes and makes warnings to others through (incorrectly) interpreting the Bible literally, it's not unreasonable for him to call you out.

ReputationRep:
    We all go to heaven

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.