Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm very interested in eventually getting a job working the behind the scenes of broadcasts and tv shows. A script writer, photographer etc for example. But I don't want to have an unstable career where I worry about how much money I'm making and if I'm even going to get a paycheck, I don't want to be falling in and out of employment. I take Bio Chem Phys and Computer Science in O levels, and Idk which subjects to take in A levels since I'm still unsure about what career I want to pursue & yes, I am very stressed about it. I'm interested in Psychology and am considering pursuing a career in it, since it's comparatively stable ( hence won't be much difficulty to get hired and the pay won't be bad. ) But I was wondering if in University I could take Psychology as a major and Filmography or Media Studies as a second major and any minor that may be helpful in pursuing a job at a entertainment company etc, so that after uni I have a degree that I can easily support myself with ( Psyc ) and a degree in Filmography or Media Studies which I can use to apply for jobs that are in my interests. Also, I am particularly interested in applying to universities in South Korea such as Yonsei, Korea National Uni of Arts or less prestigious universities etc, and do these universities offer Psych and Filmography at the same institution as they are not similar subjects? I want a job I love and I love media, entertainment, fashion, photography, and all things creative. I'm worried I don't have enough talent in the field and I've never had much opportunity to practice such subjects, but they make me very happy and i feel like if I was to pick a job that I love it would be that. I like Psychology very much but I don't love it the same way. Please help me out? I also plan to work in Korea after University.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to apply to any UK universities or just ones in South Korea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Are you going to apply to any UK universities or just ones in South Korea?
    I'm open to all opportunities and options
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Safina_i)
    I'm open to all opportunities and options
    Well in the UK you don't have "majors" and "minors". You can take a combined degree though, e.g. psychology with journalism but it depends on the university. I don't know anything about applying to South Korean universities though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.