Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey want to do alevel bio but just wanted to know how much time needs to be dedicated just to understand the content, revise and do well.

ReputationRep:
    It's a lot of work, I'm not gonna lie but it is (for the most part) interesting! It is a very content heavy subject and so you'll need to revise a lot and the exam technique takes some getting used to but if you work hard it is a great subject.

ReputationRep:
    thanks how did you do in your A2 exams ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgmathew123)
    Hey want to do alevel bio but just wanted to know how much time needs to be dedicated just to understand the content, revise and do well.
    It really does depend on how fast you learn and your general understanding of things. I put in about 3 hours per week and got an A, I know people who dedicated 9+ hours per week and got a lower grade.

ReputationRep:
    There is a lot of content - it's one of those where you don't realise it whilst you're learning it but it all builds up at the end! So long as you stay on top of it, I personally don't find it to be too much. What exam board are you going to be studying? I know for my exam board (OCR) that they've really upped the maths content, for example, so that's something to consider. I'm currently doing A2 and am predicted (and should hopefully achieve!) an A* - if you have any more questions, let me know

ReputationRep:
    SO MUCH WORK OMGGGGG
    but worth it its fun tbh lots of practicals and stuff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.