A LEVEL Biology Watch

Jgmathew123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey want to do alevel bio but just wanted to know how much time needs to be dedicated just to understand the content, revise and do well.
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a lot of work, I'm not gonna lie but it is (for the most part) interesting! It is a very content heavy subject and so you'll need to revise a lot and the exam technique takes some getting used to but if you work hard it is a great subject.
Jgmathew123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thanks how did you do in your A2 exams ?
georgem93
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jgmathew123)
Hey want to do alevel bio but just wanted to know how much time needs to be dedicated just to understand the content, revise and do well.
It really does depend on how fast you learn and your general understanding of things. I put in about 3 hours per week and got an A, I know people who dedicated 9+ hours per week and got a lower grade.
luberry
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is a lot of content - it's one of those where you don't realise it whilst you're learning it but it all builds up at the end! So long as you stay on top of it, I personally don't find it to be too much. What exam board are you going to be studying? I know for my exam board (OCR) that they've really upped the maths content, for example, so that's something to consider. I'm currently doing A2 and am predicted (and should hopefully achieve!) an A* - if you have any more questions, let me know
Thereadingpotato
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
SO MUCH WORK OMGGGGG
but worth it its fun tbh lots of practicals and stuff
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise