Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Started year 11 this year, already missed 11 days. Honestly, mainly due to my depression. I’m trying my best not to miss anymore days. Idk if I can even get into college with this attention. I think I’ll get a decent grade in my GSCE’s, but idk if the attendance will bring me down. If I don’t miss anymore days, what attendance will I get? I’m so stressed out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malibuqueen)
    Started year 11 this year, already missed 11 days. Honestly, mainly due to my depression. I’m trying my best not to miss anymore days. Idk if I can even get into college with this attention. I think I’ll get a decent grade in my GSCE’s, but idk if the attendance will bring me down. If I don’t miss anymore days, what attendance will I get? I’m so stressed out.
    Have you seen your GP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Have you seen your GP?
    nope

ReputationRep:
    nope
    You should probably try and get a GP appointment then. Speaking to a medical professional for advice is probably better for you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, don't worry about the attendence in itself, you should worry about what you are missing when you do miss days. It's important to find out from either your teachers/your classmates what you missed and catch it up so you don't go in the exam oh I missed this topic!
    Attendance of itself is not a major problem, although it is it good to keep it as high as possible, but catching up is vital.
    Definitely go and speak to your GP about your depression, it's always good to get as much help as possible!

ReputationRep:
    Hey it's okay

I was in a very similar position to you last year. I think my attendance was just at 80% and in total I probably missed around a month of school, especially near exam season. Mainly due to depression, and heavy stress. Nevertheless, I left secondary school with very happy grades to say the least and got into my first choice and I don't regret the time taken off of school to help me heal for the next day. Not that i'm recommending you take anymore time off but I really suggest that you speak to a senior staff about how you're feeling as that helped me and they can be quite understanding. I do think you can still get in just as well as you try your best to control your attendance and keep on top of the work but help from the school really does make a difference

ReputationRep:
    I am the same at the moment except I have been ill. I’ve missed 8 days in a row of school and so worried about going back to catch up and the teachers take attendance so seriously. I’m hoping college doesn’t take attendance into consideration because I’m so bad. It was pretty bad last year to as I am quite a poorly person especially with tonsillitis.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

One of the best pieces of advise I ever recieved was that self-discipline was the number one quality to achieve success. It helped me when I was at school, and it helps me now. Make sure you always get up when you say you'll get up and get to school, regardless of how you feel. When you keep drilling in that habit, it'll get easier and you'll install a sense of pride which you'll not want to stop. That should help.

Wish you the best of luck.

Regards

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.