Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Today we are answering questions about apprenticeships, ask us anything from application advice to where to find one!

The apprentice’s today are Ben and Hayley:

Hi my name is Ben. I started as an IT Advance Apprentice at 18, and now I’m an IT Degree student studying Digital and Technology whilst working full time at 21. Currently working as an IT Project Manager; delivering new products to software upgrades for the Banking Corporation.

Hi I’m Hayley, I am a Civil Service Fast Track apprentice completing a higher apprenticeship in Business Administration. I have been an apprentice for a year and have had opportunities to speak at the House of Commons, visit and work at multiple regions across England and experience life as a full time employee.

Start asking, we are here all day!

ReputationRep:
    I’m currently doing an apprenticeship in business admin and really want to do somethin either within makeup or events management Can I change well I know I can but I can’t find to see another one within my interests that’s isn’t a million miles away or rubbish
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How many apprenticeships should I apply for if I'm looking into Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship?
    What tips do you have to improve chances at being chosen by employers?
    What do you write about in a personal statement for apprenticeships?
    I dont do anything extra curricular and have no hobbies that relate to skills needed for the apprenticeship. What do I do?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreverconfu)
    I’m currently doing an apprenticeship in business admin and really want to do somethin either within makeup or events management Can I change well I know I can but I can’t find to see another one within my interests that’s isn’t a million miles away or rubbish
    Hi there,

It took me a few months to find the right apprenticeship for me. You could try increasing your search area, sometimes an apprenticeship is worth travelling a little bit further than you intially expected.

'Find an Apprenticeship' is a useful site to search for lots of vacancies and enter key words to filter through your results.
    https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...ticeshipsearch

Be patient and good luck! I hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sEverydayBro)
    How many apprenticeships should I apply for if I'm looking into Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship?
    What tips do you have to improve chances at being chosen by employers?
    What do you write about in a personal statement for apprenticeships?
    I dont do anything extra curricular and have no hobbies that relate to skills needed for the apprenticeship. What do I do?
    Thanks.
    Hi there,

When I was searching for an apprenticeship I applied to all that appealed to me. I think in the end it was about 4/5, they are becoming more and more competitive so it's always good to have a back up.

My tips would be attention to detail, make sure you have answered what they've asked with no gramatical errors and prepare yourself before answering an application, understand what they want and what they are looking for from their applicants.

Your personal statement is similar to any university personal statement it's a chance for you to sell yourself and doesn't necessarily involve your hobbies. If you have completed any volunteering etc, it's always good to include a few lines about that. Try using this link to the UCAS page on personal statements:
    https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...onal-statement

You could also look at the Apprenticeship Zone on TSR, they have some good information on Degree apprenticeships:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...pprenticeships

Good luck in your applications! I hope this helped

H

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.