Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a task to-do which reads “submit essay plan for essay titled “...”
    Sounds like a really stupid question but what are we supposed to write?
    An essay within an essay breaking down paragraph by paragraph what we intend on talking about? Or can it be more informal? Lists of books, quotes, important events, spider diagrams etc?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Aj6346)
    I have a task to-do which reads “submit essay plan for essay titled “...”
    Sounds like a really stupid question but what are we supposed to write?
    An essay within an essay breaking down paragraph by paragraph what we intend on talking about? Or can it be more informal? Lists of books, quotes, important events, spider diagrams etc?
    Hey Aj6346

I found this tricky to understand when I was first asked to write essays, so hopefully I'll be able to help you out

Your tutor will just want to see that you have put some thought and preparation into you upcoming essay. It might be good to have an introduction written out in some detail, this will give your tutor an idea of where your essay is going to go.

I would then start by splitting your essay into paragraphs and naming them with a title. Once you have that you can then start to think about what is going to be written inside those paragraphs - you won't need to write it out in full, just bullet point some ideas.

And then similarly to the introduction, you could start to think about what your conclusion might be – just some initial thoughts from what you have researched already (this may change with the more articles you read)

Finally, you'll need to write a mini bibliography. List the articles/books/journals that you have already read and then the one's you plan to read. This will give your tutor an idea of the work that you have done.

Hope this helps, give me a shout if you have any questions!

Chris - NTU Rep

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.