She’s going to be 17 and I’m going to be 22 in a few months (lgbtq) Watch

Rm0000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi TSR, I️ met this beautiful girl on okcupid about a month ago under the impression she was 18. We hit it off the second we started talking and I could really feel that be worth taking offline. Eventually she tells me that she’s 16 going on 17 while I’m a 21 going on 22 (our birthdays are about 2 weeks apart)

Anyway, none the less, we meet up and we’ve been inseparable since and feelings have been catch really fast and chemistry is everything I️ want in a relationship to the point where it would be really hard to let go.

Even though we’re two girls (culturally we judge guys for dating younger women), a part of me still feels very terrible when I️ think about our age difference. Our 5 year ago difference really concerns me now but when I️ think about if we were 20 and 25 or 25 and 30 then it wouldn’t be such a big deal.

Has any another LGBTQ people been in the same situation before? How did you handle it? How did you deal with the worry/possible judgment?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would be more concerned that a 16 year old girl is on OKC pretending to be 18.
username2981082
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rm0000)
Hi TSR, I️ met this beautiful girl on okcupid about a month ago under the impression she was 18. We hit it off the second we started talking and I could really feel that be worth taking offline. Eventually she tells me that she’s 16 going on 17 while I’m a 21 going on 22 (our birthdays are about 2 weeks apart)

Anyway, none the less, we meet up and we’ve been inseparable since and feelings have been catch really fast and chemistry is everything I️ want in a relationship to the point where it would be really hard to let go.

Even though we’re two girls (culturally we judge guys for dating younger women), a part of me still feels very terrible when I️ think about our age difference. Our 5 year ago difference really concerns me now but when I️ think about if we were 20 and 25 or 25 and 30 then it wouldn’t be such a big deal.

Has any another LGBTQ people been in the same situation before? How did you handle it? How did you deal with the worry/possible judgment?
She lied to you about her age. That is already a red flag. If she has lied to you this early, she may continue lying to you throughout a relationship. Trust is important in relationships. Couples can't be keeping secrets from each other.
Treeroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
just be careful and see how it goes, I am 21 and seeing a 16 year old girl, play it cool and take things one step at a time. in my case neither of us really thinks about the age gap although its definitely there - she is a lot less mature than me, but I don't care if you like each other then what's the problem? it's legal.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Treeroy)
just be careful and see how it goes, I am 21 and seeing a 16 year old girl, play it cool and take things one step at a time. in my case neither of us really thinks about the age gap although its definitely there - she is a lot less mature than me, but I don't care if you like each other then what's the problem? it's legal.
legal =/= ethical

OP I don't think being LBGT makes much of a difference at all, she's still 5 years younger than you which at her age is a crazy difference, she's also lied to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (153)
18.84%
Labour (347)
42.73%
Liberal Democrats (161)
19.83%
Green Party (45)
5.54%
Brexit Party (21)
2.59%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.37%
SNP (11)
1.35%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.74%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.12%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.12%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.12%
UKIP (10)
1.23%
Other (8)
0.99%
None (44)
5.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise