Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She’s going to be 17 and I’m going to be 22 in a few months (lgbtq) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR, I️ met this beautiful girl on okcupid about a month ago under the impression she was 18. We hit it off the second we started talking and I could really feel that be worth taking offline. Eventually she tells me that she’s 16 going on 17 while I’m a 21 going on 22 (our birthdays are about 2 weeks apart)

Anyway, none the less, we meet up and we’ve been inseparable since and feelings have been catch really fast and chemistry is everything I️ want in a relationship to the point where it would be really hard to let go.

Even though we’re two girls (culturally we judge guys for dating younger women), a part of me still feels very terrible when I️ think about our age difference. Our 5 year ago difference really concerns me now but when I️ think about if we were 20 and 25 or 25 and 30 then it wouldn’t be such a big deal.

Has any another LGBTQ people been in the same situation before? How did you handle it? How did you deal with the worry/possible judgment?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I would be more concerned that a 16 year old girl is on OKC pretending to be 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rm0000)
    Hi TSR, I️ met this beautiful girl on okcupid about a month ago under the impression she was 18. We hit it off the second we started talking and I could really feel that be worth taking offline. Eventually she tells me that she’s 16 going on 17 while I’m a 21 going on 22 (our birthdays are about 2 weeks apart)

Anyway, none the less, we meet up and we’ve been inseparable since and feelings have been catch really fast and chemistry is everything I️ want in a relationship to the point where it would be really hard to let go.

Even though we’re two girls (culturally we judge guys for dating younger women), a part of me still feels very terrible when I️ think about our age difference. Our 5 year ago difference really concerns me now but when I️ think about if we were 20 and 25 or 25 and 30 then it wouldn’t be such a big deal.

Has any another LGBTQ people been in the same situation before? How did you handle it? How did you deal with the worry/possible judgment?
    She lied to you about her age. That is already a red flag. If she has lied to you this early, she may continue lying to you throughout a relationship. Trust is important in relationships. Couples can't be keeping secrets from each other.

ReputationRep:
    just be careful and see how it goes, I am 21 and seeing a 16 year old girl, play it cool and take things one step at a time. in my case neither of us really thinks about the age gap although its definitely there - she is a lot less mature than me, but I don't care if you like each other then what's the problem? it's legal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    just be careful and see how it goes, I am 21 and seeing a 16 year old girl, play it cool and take things one step at a time. in my case neither of us really thinks about the age gap although its definitely there - she is a lot less mature than me, but I don't care if you like each other then what's the problem? it's legal.
    legal =/= ethical

OP I don't think being LBGT makes much of a difference at all, she's still 5 years younger than you which at her age is a crazy difference, she's also lied to you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.