Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a task to-do which reads “submit essay plan for essay titled “...” Sounds like a really stupid question but what are we supposed to write? An essay within an essay breaking down paragraph by paragraph what we intend on talking about? Or can it be more informal? Lists of books, quotes, important events, spider diagrams etc?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj6346)
    I have a task to-do which reads “submit essay plan for essay titled “...” Sounds like a really stupid question but what are we supposed to write? An essay within an essay breaking down paragraph by paragraph what we intend on talking about? Or can it be more informal? Lists of books, quotes, important events, spider diagrams etc?
    The bit in bold is what I'd do if asked for an essay plan, but you should ask your tutor to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    Is this as part of the study skills module for an Access to HE course? Because it can be basically anything as long as it's an essay plan.

Mine looked like this:

Essay Plan for [module/unit]

Essay title: [insert essay title]

Essay written by: [name]

INTRODUCTION

The introduction will give an insight into what the essay is going to be about. The intention is to keep it short and not give too much away – a long introduction makes for boring reading.

ESSAY MAIN BODY

Following on from the introduction, the main body of the essay going to include the following information:

Following brief, yet informative, descriptions of these, the essay will move on to look at a number of studies. These studies are important matters in regards to [topic] and are as follows:

• [study one]
    • [study two]
    • [study three]

In relation to these studies, the essay will largely be concerned with finding out whether the studies were ethical or not, whether they could be considered valid in any way, and what factors in each allowed or decreased independent behaviour.

Each study/experiment is going to be looked at individually – there will be no overlap in order to keep things as simple and clear as possible and to avoid confusion.

ESSAY CONCLUSION

The conclusion of the essay is a chance for the author’s subjective viewpoint to be put across. However, the conclusion will not become too personal, but will allow for anybody reading the essay to see the author has some understanding of the subjects that have been discussed above.
    Some people I was on my course with did spider diagrams or just wrote lists. Basically, all you have to do is prove you can make some sort of plan for an essay.

Obviously, you won't want to copy this. Mine wasn't submitted through turnitin which is why I don't mind sharing it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.