Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My to do list still says I need to print and send declaration form? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Long story short I applied for student finance late.

I first sent my declaration form over the summer, but I had no idea it got lost in the post because I was out of the country and sent it from abroad.

I sent it again a second time, but they refused my form because I had printed it, signed it, scanned and uploaded it and then emailed it to my mum to print off because I was still out of the country and didn't want it to get lost again.

So third time, I'm back in the UK, I print it off, sign it and send it with tracked post, they have received it, about 3 weeks ago. Ever since then I have had no letters or anything from them, does that mean my loan has been accepted?

On the SF website however it still says this:

Print and send your declaration form

You need to sign your Online Declaration before we can pay you. If you’ve not already done so sign, date and return this to the address on the form.
    If you can't print the declaration a copy will be included with your Student Finance Entitlement letter. We'll send you this when your application has been approved - which can take up to 6 weeks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohaynada)
    Long story short I applied for student finance late.

I first sent my declaration form over the summer, but I had no idea it got lost in the post because I was out of the country and sent it from abroad.

I sent it again a second time, but they refused my form because I had printed it, signed it, scanned and uploaded it and then emailed it to my mum to print off because I was still out of the country and didn't want it to get lost again.

So third time, I'm back in the UK, I print it off, sign it and send it with tracked post, they have received it, about 3 weeks ago. Ever since then I have had no letters or anything from them, does that mean my loan has been accepted?

On the SF website however it still says this:

Print and send your declaration form

You need to sign your Online Declaration before we can pay you. If you’ve not already done so sign, date and return this to the address on the form.
    If you can't print the declaration a copy will be included with your Student Finance Entitlement letter. We'll send you this when your application has been approved - which can take up to 6 weeks
    Hi CloverBrownie,

Online declarations are currently taking four working days to update, from receipt.

If you sent this three weeks ago and your online account still shows that it is required, check on your correspondence tab.

If for any reason not accepted, we may have written out to you to advise requesting another to be completed or call us on,

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi CloverBrownie,

Online declarations are currently taking four working days to update, from receipt.

If you sent this three weeks ago and your online account still shows that it is required, check on your correspondence tab.

If for any reason not accepted, we may have written out to you to advise requesting another to be completed or call us on,

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Rona

I just checked my correspondence and they sent me a letter in June asking me to update them with my current employment or living situation.

I left uni last year for a year and am going back to do my 2nd year, could that be why they haven't accepted my application? I have to fill out this form first?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohaynada)
    I just checked my correspondence and they sent me a letter in June asking me to update them with my current employment or living situation.

I left uni last year for a year and am going back to do my 2nd year, could that be why they haven't accepted my application? I have to fill out this form first?
    Hi nohaynada,

That is a letter that has been sent from the repayments department.

The April following your withdrawal from a previous course, you become eligible to start repaying any loan once earning over the threshold, so you do need respond to that letter confirming whether you are working or in study etc

We have no access to specific accounts here on the Student Room.

The lines are quiet just now, I advise you to give us a call so we can check the progress of your application,

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.