Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently graduated from high school and since I was 14 I wanted to become a software developer-programmer(have been doing my best all these years by practicing on my own). So in my country(Greece) you take a few examination tests challenging every other (high-school) graduate student and then depending on your grades you can choose a few universities that you would like to get into and then you get into the first one that you chose and that has accepted you. Anyhow, i was "pointed" -by my parents and teacher- towards a certain university which i thought was the right choice for me. So i got into the University Of Crete in the Computer Science Department thinking that this is it, i'll finally study the one thing i love. But, during the past few months and after reviewing their next-year studies program i figured out that this is not software development but computer engineering. After all this, i came to the conclusion that i want to study at a different University(possible candidate: University of Piraeus(information technology department) if anyone wants to take a look at their website). I've been looking at their studies program(and the studies program from other IT universities) and all the majors seem to really appeal to me and are exactly what i like studying,doing and working with in my spare time. What i am trying to say is, that i am looking for "an"opinion (hopefully) from someone who has/is studied/ing to become a software developer-programmer/IT, on this matter. Hopefully i didn't mess up the explanation too much ! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and help me out with my "problem".
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    CS

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.