Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    looooool, look at all these old people getting triggered.

ReputationRep:
    Under 21s already have summer and other days of.

I think Japan need this as people in that country work too much, but no the UK
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A load of bull. It's another excuse to have a day off and our generation seems to already get **** for being lazy and not wanting to work. :lol: I think they should make one for elderly people - they've contributed more to society... probably. Or just stick to the bank holidays we already have!

(Original post by Danny Dorito)
    There have been calls for a new bank holiday to celebrate under 25s. The day International Youth Day, on 13th August 2018, aims to celebrate young people's achievements, their potential and contributions to society.

They aim to get 100,000 signatures so it will be discussed in Parliament.

You can read more on the story here.

What do you make of this? Do you think we should have a bank holiday to celebrate under 25s? What would you like to make a bank holiday?

ReputationRep:
    I think that if we were to have an additional bank holiday in 2018 it should be to mark the centenary of the end of the First World War.

ReputationRep:
    To be completely honest, an National Youth Day or something would be quite cool, but a whole bank holiday for it would be unrealistic? Though Korea does have a National Children's Day, all kids 18 and under don't go to school that day so there are many events, it's seriously cute. But honestly would be amazing to have a National Youth Day.

ReputationRep:
    Bank holiday for youths 365 days of the year or nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Why? This is just dumb. Why do we need to be celebrated?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    There have been calls for a new bank holiday to celebrate under 25s. The day International Youth Day, on 13th August 2018, aims to celebrate young people's achievements, their potential and contributions to society.

They aim to get 100,000 signatures so it will be discussed in Parliament.

You can read more on the story here.

What do you make of this? Do you think we should have a bank holiday to celebrate under 25s? What would you like to make a bank holiday?
    I used to think that older generations had it wrong about our generation. Looking at things like this, i am beginning to think they may have a point. We may be in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    lmao

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.