The Student Room Group

I have a bit of a dilemma about being late..

I go to college and the first bus there is the 8:22, but my lessons are at 9 and it arrives between 9-9:20.

Its been fine for the past 6 weeks but my tutors are getting irate about this and I'm going to end up in a lot of trouble, the problem is there is no way I can get to college on time so I don't know what to do.

Please help!

Scroll to see replies

Take a earlier bus
Reply 2
There is no earlier bus, this is the first one.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Take a earlier bus

"the first bus there is the 8:22"
Reply 4
I go to college and the first bus there is the 8:22, but my lessons are at 9 and it arrives between 9-9:20.

Its been fine for the past 6 weeks but my tutors are getting irate about this and I'm going to end up in a lot of trouble, the problem is there is no way I can get to college on time so I don't know what to do.

Please help!

Maybe you can cycle or get a car
Have you explained the situation to your tutor/Advisor?

Please help!

Talk to your tutors about it and the lecturers too
Reply 7
It's only 1 tutor that seems to have a problem with it, he seemed to understand at first and didn't mind but now he's lost his tolerance towards it even though he knows my situation. He seems to have stopped considering my situation.
It's only 1 tutor that seems to have a problem with it, he seemed to understand at first and didn't mind but now he's lost his tolerance towards it even though he knows my situation. He seems to have stopped considering my situation.

Bring it to the attention of the Headteacher, you’ll be able to discuss the situation as a group :smile:
Reply 9
Thanks for the replies, I guess I will talk to someone about this.
Thanks for the replies, I guess I will talk to someone about this.

Why didn't you find out before you applied? You'll have to find other ways of getting there on time or transfer to somewhere else.
Original post by Muttley79
Why didn't you find out before you applied? You'll have to find other ways of getting there on time or transfer to somewhere else.

I did find out but it is the best college in the area, all of my siblings went there, and I do not miss anything important through the lost time.
I also did not know what time my lessons were at before I applied.
I also did not know what time my lessons were at before I applied.

That's irrelevant - you must have known lessons start at 9am.

Of course you are missing stuff - find another way of getting there so you can be on time
That's irrelevant - you must have known lessons start at 9am.

Of course you are missing stuff - find another way of getting there so you can be on time

No I didn't know?

The times range dramatically everyday, but I did not know that I would be required to attend at 9.

I haven't missed anything, I am doing the best in the class.

There is no other way unless I wish to increase my expenditure on transport by getting a taxi, but that would cost a fortune.
No I didn't know?

The times range dramatically everyday, but I did not know that I would be required to attend at 9.

I haven't missed anything, I am doing the best in the class.

There is no other way unless I wish to increase my expenditure on transport by getting a taxi, but that would cost a fortune.

Surely the start time is basic information which you should have researched.

You'll need to do something or you'll miss or be late for your exams. They will be scheduled for 09:00 ...

You'll need to do something or you'll miss or be late for your exams. They will be scheduled for 09:00 ...

I am not doing exams in my course. I may try and contact the bus company to see if they're adding anymore buses to the route.

But then presumably OP could get a taxi on the day of exams, to ensure they were at college on time. the expenditure wouldn't be huge in comparison to having to get a taxi everyday
A life lesson for you then
You need to find a way to get there on time. It’s not acceptable.
Buy a bike
Do you think an employer would tolerate it?
How did your siblings manage to get there on time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending