Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a bit of a dilemma about being late.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How did your siblings manage to get there on time?
    I have no idea why it made this post anonymous...
    It wasn't supposed to be

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing a bike isn't practical if it's 40-60 minutes by bus. I would go speak to someone who isn't your tutor and explain the situation, say your bus is due in at 9 but is often late so you thought you'd get to your lessons but for the most part you're ending up late. See if you can agree to do extra work to catch up or if there are any alterations they can make to your schedule so you have less 9am starts (since you say the times are varying).

How did your siblings manage to get there on time?
    Their lessons were never at 9, they were lucky.

(Original post by doodle_333)
    I'm guessing a bike isn't practical if it's 40-60 minutes by bus. I would go speak to someone who isn't your tutor and explain the situation, say your bus is due in at 9 but is often late so you thought you'd get to your lessons but for the most part you're ending up late. See if you can agree to do extra work to catch up or if there are any alterations they can make to your schedule so you have less 9am starts (since you say the times are varying).
    There is nothing to catch up on though, I never miss anything. I just end up entering class late, a few others do too but I do not know their circumstances.

It would take, according to Google maps, over an hour and a half to get there. I'm not the best cyclist, especially on the sort of roads that I would have to travel on to get to college, it frightens me thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing to catch up on though, I never miss anything. I just end up entering class late, a few others do too but I do not know their circumstances.

It would take, according to Google maps, over an hour and a half to get there. I'm not the best cyclist, especially on the sort of roads that I would have to travel on to get to college, it frightens me thinking about it.
    Yes, I said cycling would not be a practical option (given how many others have suggested it).

Your college may be more understanding if you act like you understand it's a problem. If you miss 15 minutes every day you'll miss TWO WEEKS of school over the course of a year. That's a lot. Some people can handle that fine but lots of people can't which is why colleges are under huge pressure to get pupils in class on time. And that's not including the disruption it causes to other students when you're coming in late.

ReputationRep:
    Ask your tutor if they can provide the work they'd normally cover at the beginning of your next lesson in advance so you can complete it before the lesson and essentially "catch up" before each lesson.

If your college uses something like moodle, or a shared work space you can access from home where tutors/teachers put learning materials online, have a conversation with your tutor and explain that you'd be willing to look at the material you'll be covering before you arrive to each lesson that you'll be late for.

If there is no practical way of assuring that you'll be on time each day, there isn't much more you can do really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.