Turn on thread page Beta

16 year old working - will this affect mum's benefits? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have applied to work at maccy d's and have an interview tomorrow(jinkies!). My mum seems convinced that the government will take money from her in benefits or housing, however i have seen conflicting statements. I am currently in college studying level 3 computing which is a 2 year course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olimium)
    Hey,

I have applied to work at maccy d's and have an interview tomorrow(jinkies!). My mum seems convinced that the government will take money from her in benefits or housing, however i have seen conflicting statements. I am currently in college studying level 3 computing which is a 2 year course.
    Benefits Britain

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm not 100% on how it works but you're under 18 so it still should be fine? Does she have to report how many people are working living in her household? I would have assumed that was amount of adults working because you wont be making an amazing amount

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Maybe your mum can think about getting a job too?

ReputationRep:
    So many comments I just won't bother. #allthatswrongwithBritain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bosnia)
    Maybe your mum can think about getting a job too?
    She has one thanks.

ReputationRep:
    She has one thanks.
    Then why is she on benefits. Don't have children if you can't afford them

ReputationRep:
    no it won't impact her benefits as you're in full time education
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.