Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got offers from both Manchester and Queen Mary, and although I am waiting for the rest of unis to respond, I was wondering which one is a better choice (given its reputation, et cetera)
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by encrenoire)
    Hi, I got offers from both Manchester and Queen Mary, and although I am waiting for the rest of unis to respond, I was wondering which one is a better choice (given its reputation, et cetera)
    personally I think Manchester, but do a pros and cons for each uni.

You applied you must have done some research?

Visit both and see what you think.

Bit pointless trying to make decisions before you need to,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    personally I think Manchester, but do a pros and cons for each uni.

You applied you must have done some research?

Visit both and see what you think.

Bit pointless trying to make decisions before you need to,
    Sure I did, though I had no occasion to actually visit them. Probably if I go to interview at oxford I will visit these places.
    They both seem kind of similar in terms of prestige and both locations (Manchester, that part of London) are so so.
    And yeah, it would be pointless to make decisions r n, I just wanted to see what is the "popular" perception of those unis.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by encrenoire)
    Sure I did, though I had no occasion to actually visit them. Probably if I go to interview at oxford I will visit these places.
    They both seem kind of similar in terms of prestige and both locations (Manchester, that part of London) are so so.
    And yeah, it would be pointless to make decisions r n, I just wanted to see what is the "popular" perception of those unis.
    There are some elite unis, then some in the following pack, then the rest of RG and then everyone else. Perception tend to go with those banging on about prestige. GL.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.