Turn on thread page Beta

I don't want to be single anymore! Should I try online dating watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be single anymore! Should I try online dating

I’ve been single for as long as I can remember and dating hasn’t been going well with me. It’s always 1 or 2 dates and no more. I never ventured in online dating but I’m starting to consider it.

So, I’ve done some research and checked out sites like okCupid, Anastasia and A Foreign Affair. I never knew there’d be a lot of women who are in these sites.

I am the type who likes to fall in love the “conventional” way and the idea of online dating still doesn’t sit well with me. BUT I really don’t want to be single anymore I don’t want to keep leaving it up to fate. I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t try this route.

I don’t want to seem desperate but being single is tiring. I want to have someone to talk to after work, someone to have great conversations with during dinners and someone to satisfy. My emotional side is deprived and I want to fill up that void… I just want to know if it’s worth it?

I know that there’s no guarantee I’d have success but is there really a chance that I may find what I’m looking for? Which site should I join? Your suggestions and opinions are highly appreciated!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by joseph23)

I’ve been single for as long as I can remember and dating hasn’t been going well with me. It’s always 1 or 2 dates and no more. I never ventured in online dating but I’m starting to consider it.

So, I’ve done some research and checked out sites like okCupid, Anastasia and A Foreign Affair. I never knew there’d be a lot of women who are in these sites.

I am the type who likes to fall in love the “conventional” way and the idea of online dating still doesn’t sit well with me. BUT I really don’t want to be single anymore I don’t want to keep leaving it up to fate. I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t try this route.

I don’t want to seem desperate but being single is tiring. I want to have someone to talk to after work, someone to have great conversations with during dinners and someone to satisfy. My emotional side is deprived and I want to fill up that void… I just want to know if it’s worth it?

I know that there’s no guarantee I’d have success but is there really a chance that I may find what I’m looking for? Which site should I join? Your suggestions and opinions are highly appreciated!
    From your other thread you mention you are 56 years old, I don't see anything wrong joining a dating site. Consider Match or eHarmony, they're more suited for older people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph23)

Why not. I mean, you are not going to get very far anyway. You are almost 60 and you want a 30 year old girlfriend....... You must be pretty wealthy, huh? Or just delusional. You don't want a meaningful relationship, just want want a hot body to ****.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.