Turn on thread page Beta

I don't want to be single anymore! Should I try online dating watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be single anymore! Should I try online dating

I’ve been single for as long as I can remember and dating hasn’t been going well with me. It’s always 1 or 2 dates and no more. I never ventured in online dating but I’m starting to consider it.

So, I’ve done some research and checked out sites like okCupid, Anastasia and A Foreign Affair. I never knew there’d be a lot of women who are in these sites.

I am the type who likes to fall in love the “conventional” way and the idea of online dating still doesn’t sit well with me. BUT I really don’t want to be single anymore I don’t want to keep leaving it up to fate. I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t try this route.

I don’t want to seem desperate but being single is tiring. I want to have someone to talk to after work, someone to have great conversations with during dinners and someone to satisfy. My emotional side is deprived and I want to fill up that void… I just want to know if it’s worth it?

I know that there’s no guarantee I’d have success but is there really a chance that I may find what I’m looking for? Which site should I join? Your suggestions and opinions are highly appreciated!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by joseph23)

I’ve been single for as long as I can remember and dating hasn’t been going well with me. It’s always 1 or 2 dates and no more. I never ventured in online dating but I’m starting to consider it.

So, I’ve done some research and checked out sites like okCupid, Anastasia and A Foreign Affair. I never knew there’d be a lot of women who are in these sites.

I am the type who likes to fall in love the “conventional” way and the idea of online dating still doesn’t sit well with me. BUT I really don’t want to be single anymore I don’t want to keep leaving it up to fate. I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t try this route.

I don’t want to seem desperate but being single is tiring. I want to have someone to talk to after work, someone to have great conversations with during dinners and someone to satisfy. My emotional side is deprived and I want to fill up that void… I just want to know if it’s worth it?

I know that there’s no guarantee I’d have success but is there really a chance that I may find what I’m looking for? Which site should I join? Your suggestions and opinions are highly appreciated!
    From your other thread you mention you are 56 years old, I don't see anything wrong joining a dating site. Consider Match or eHarmony, they're more suited for older people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph23)

Why not. I mean, you are not going to get very far anyway. You are almost 60 and you want a 30 year old girlfriend....... You must be pretty wealthy, huh? Or just delusional. You don't want a meaningful relationship, just want want a hot body to ****.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.