Turn on thread page Beta

Hey
    So basically me and this girl have been vibing really well, until a couple days ago we would stay up till late in the night just chattin, both expressed that we felt something for the other, and we'd got pretty intimate. I definitely caught feelings for her, and it seemed like we were on the way to getting into something a bit deeper.

But she went away for a few days and then came back after having a chance to think and said that she wasn't ready to get into a relationship right now as she was still getting over her last relationship which had ended fairly recently.

I tell her it's cool and that, and that basically just don't want **** to get weird cuz it's true, I like her as a person and don't wanna not be friends because **** gets complicated. And I respect that she isn't in the right place rn.

What I'm wonderin tho is if I should stay thinking this way about her, in that I have feelings for her and I know that she does for me, or should I take a hint and just try get over it and move on? The words right now are being thrown around a lot and its got me wondering if anything could happen later on.

ReputationRep:
    well if things are going to happen later on there comes a stage where genuine openness, intimacy and vulnerability/taking risk (interrelated) has to show itself to each other and not be one sided.

It’s painful - cry your eyes out til morning - stuff if not reciprocated though. Lots of fun.

Only you know the degree to which you’ll risk.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.