Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I keep trying? Watch

Announcements

Hey
    So basically me and this girl have been vibing really well, until a couple days ago we would stay up till late in the night just chattin, both expressed that we felt something for the other, and we'd got pretty intimate. I definitely caught feelings for her, and it seemed like we were on the way to getting into something a bit deeper.

But she went away for a few days and then came back after having a chance to think and said that she wasn't ready to get into a relationship right now as she was still getting over her last relationship which had ended fairly recently.

I tell her it's cool and that, and that basically just don't want **** to get weird cuz it's true, I like her as a person and don't wanna not be friends because **** gets complicated. And I respect that she isn't in the right place rn.

What I'm wonderin tho is if I should stay thinking this way about her, in that I have feelings for her and I know that she does for me, or should I take a hint and just try get over it and move on? The words right now are being thrown around a lot and its got me wondering if anything could happen later on.

ReputationRep:
    well if things are going to happen later on there comes a stage where genuine openness, intimacy and vulnerability/taking risk (interrelated) has to show itself to each other and not be one sided.

It’s painful - cry your eyes out til morning - stuff if not reciprocated though. Lots of fun.

Only you know the degree to which you’ll risk.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.