Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Long story short, I have a qualification that is equivalent to Foundation Degree. I am planning on applying to Uni for next year and wanted to know if I will be eligible for funding? I have a Level 4 AAT, or some people refer to as AAT qualified.

Please could someone advise me on this matter? I don't know if I should go through with my Uni applications and then find out halfway through that I am not eligible for funding

Best regards!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newgirlintown)
    Hi.

Long story short, I have a qualification that is equivalent to Foundation Degree. I am planning on applying to Uni for next year and wanted to know if I will be eligible for funding? I have a Level 4 AAT, or some people refer to as AAT qualified.

Please could someone advise me on this matter? I don't know if I should go through with my Uni applications and then find out halfway through that I am not eligible for funding

Best regards!
    Hi newgirlintow,

Can I ask are you doing a one year top up course, to top up your foundation degree to a full degree or entering the final year of a course ?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona,

I was planning on doing Bsc Accounting and Finance degree full time. This course is for 3-4 years which includes a year placement.

best regards
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona,

I was planning on doing Bsc Accounting and Finance degree full time. This course is for 3-4 years which includes a year placement.

best regards
    Hi newgirlintown,

Student Finance do not support professional qualifications, but because you have stated that it is equivalent of a foundation degree, I have asked for clarification from our assessment team.

I will update you once I receive a response.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks Rona!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi newgirlintown,

Student Finance do not support professional qualifications, but because you have stated that it is equivalent of a foundation degree, I have asked for clarification from our assessment team.

I will update you once I receive a response.

Thanks Rona
    Hi Rona,

Sorry to be a pain but please could you let me know if you have any update with regards to my query? Your help has been much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mary

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona,

Sorry to be a pain but please could you let me know if you have any update with regards to my query? Your help has been much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mary
    Hi Mary,

I checked with Rona to see if she's had a response yet.

Your AAT qualification will not affect your eligibilty. As it is a professional qualification it doesn't count as previous study.

Regards,

Stuart

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.