Turn on thread page Beta

How much higher degree is important in your life ? watch

ReputationRep:
    I wonder, nowadays what do mid-class British citizens think about higher degree for the long-term relationships ? Do you think holding a higher degree is necessary thing for the 21st century ?

Or loyalty, love and common hobbies are more important for you ?

ReputationRep:
    couldn't give a rats a** about someone's level of education. It might be relevant if I was an employer looking at applicants for a job but other than that I can't see how someone's education would ever be relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    couldn't give a rats a** about someone's level of education. It might be relevant if I was an employer looking at applicants for a job but other than that I can't see how someone's education would ever be relevant.
    Yes, I absolutely agree with you because for me degree, qualification doesn't important I only care about loyalty and love. But nevertheless views on evolution, science actually does matter for me because I want to grow my child according to scientific facts, not with religious-mythological lies so that I don't want disagreement about that. Of course my partner may be not interested in those things but all I want is she should be open-minded then we can together improve ourselves on science. Because I'm not a clever either.

Btw, I'm foreigner so I don't know British public I'm just asking general opinions of public because I'm interested in British culture. Thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the richest people don't have degrees so I don't see why it matters. As long as you have motivation to something then that's enough.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.