Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

100 Most Influential (just my opinion) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Its a completely impossible thing to quantify. Who's to say Michael Jordan and Elvis Presley haven't inspired as many people as any politician or soldier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjj90)
    Its a completely impossible thing to quantify. Who's to say Michael Jordan and Elvis Presley haven't inspired as many people as any politician or soldier?
    What would be your criteria for choosing that names that you would choose if you made a list like this? I'm interested because I'm always revising my list.

ReputationRep:
    Historians have greatly influenced our understanding of the past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Historians have greatly influenced our understanding of the past
    Many of them say that the victors write the history, lol. But some of those who were supposed to be stricken from history get through such as Akhenaton, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcpon14)
    Many of them say that the victors write the history, lol. But some of those who were supposed to be stricken from history get through such as Akhenaton, lol.
    Also, I think most history about the Vietnam War comes from Americans , and more history about the Civil War was written in the South where they put more emphasis on states rights than slavery.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I think most history about the Vietnam War comes from Americans , and more history about the Civil War was written in the South where they put more emphasis on states rights than slavery.
    But most American history textbooks say that the United States lost the Vietnam War, though, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcpon14)
    But most American history textbooks say that the United States lost the Vietnam War, though, lol.
    I was thinking Americans mostly blame themselves for losing the Vietnam War instead of crediting the other side

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking Americans mostly blame themselves for losing the Vietnam War instead of crediting the other side
    I think that it was a public relations move like calling the 2nd Iraq War, an invasion, lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.