Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I have been withdrawn from an HE diploma access course. I was told to cancel my student loan due to financial difficulty.

Do I have anything to pay? How do I do this? I'd like to do it as soon as possible. Is there an email or application form I can fill in?

Thanks,
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeful2017)
    Hello

I have been withdrawn from an HE diploma access course. I was told to cancel my student loan due to financial difficulty.

Do I have anything to pay? How do I do this? I'd like to do it as soon as possible. Is there an email or application form I can fill in?

Thanks,
    Your loan would be an Advanced Learner Loan to pay your fees. As long as your college notifies SFE that you've withdrawn your later installments of fee loans will be cancelled.

Early next year you will probably get a letter explaining how much your loan was for the fees for this term (or your college will be able to tell you sooner). That debt will need to be repaid from April if you're earning over £21k (and will be taken from your pay packet automatically)
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeful2017)
    Hello

Thanks,
    Hi hopeful2017,

To check if your university has advised of your withdrawal you can contact the Advanced Learner Loan Team on,

Tel: 0300 100 0619
    (Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Regards Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.