Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was really sick on the day of the admission test and didn't take the exam. And i was just wondering if I get an interview, would there be a chance of them asking me questions from this years paper.

Also, how hard would it be for me to get into oxford without taking the entrance exam (PAT in this case) , like would i have to do really well in the interview and would the bar be set higher for me than other students.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGEO)
    I was really sick on the day of the admission test and didn't take the exam. And i was just wondering if I get an interview, would there be a chance of them asking me questions from this years paper.

Also, how hard would it be for me to get into oxford without taking the entrance exam (PAT in this case) , like would i have to do really well in the interview and would the bar be set higher for me than other students.

Thanks
    Um, I'm not sure you'll be given an interview because the interview is offered based on your PAT score. Occasionally, in the event your PAT score is below the mean mark + 15%, they will still offer an interview if your grades are remarkable. Not sure how heavily the PS is weighed because some say they don't look it at all, but when I asked a few people at the university they said 1/3 grades, 1/3 PS and 1/3 TSA marks. You could maybe call the university and see if they'll allow you still take the exam or ask them if you still have a chance. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.