Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering who else is applying for languages, which ones etc and whether people have offers yet etc?? )

ReputationRep:
    Hii I'm applying for 2 courses at UCL Language and Culture, and French and Spanish. I haven't received any offers yet, argh! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holaaaa123)
    Hii I'm applying for 2 courses at UCL Language and Culture, and French and Spanish. I haven't received any offers yet, argh! What about you?
    ooo nice that's cool, and I've applied for Spanish with Management, and no offer yet either!! I think a decision should be sometime soon though, aaaah it's my top choice as well

ReputationRep:
    I’m a gap year applicant and I applied for French and Arabic ! (The course is jointly taught with SOAS) I received my offer last week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 221Breezeblocks)
    I’m a gap year applicant and I applied for French and Arabic ! (The course is jointly taught with SOAS) I received my offer last week
    congrats on your offer! I got my offer last week as well, now got to get the grades!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone decided on going to UCL for Modern Languages October 2018?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm a third-year UCL student in Language and Culture (French and Italian).
    If anyone has any questions then don't hesitate

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm trying to decide between Language and Culture at UCL or Modern Languages at Cardiff. The courses seem very similiar. Just trying to work out how they may be different. Do you study many translation modules? Any info I would much appreciate!! Paul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paolo23smith)
    Hi I'm trying to decide between Language and Culture at UCL or Modern Languages at Cardiff. The courses seem very similiar. Just trying to work out how they may be different. Do you study many translation modules? Any info I would much appreciate!! Paul
    Hey! You would study translation as part of of your language core modules. If you want to study a pure translation module then it's also possible, mainly in 4th year. You also study Translation Studies in the core first year module (Language, Culture and Representation). The great advantage of Language and Culture is the flexibility: you can take up and drop languages as you like and the interdisciplinary modules are varied and interesting (anything from philosophy to organised crime!). UCL is a great place to be- go for it!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.