Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I choose to do BTEC level 3 in business studies will I be able to do a law degree in uni?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by looloolool)
    If I choose to do BTEC level 3 in business studies will I be able to do a law degree in uni?
    I've moved your thread to the Law Forum

You will need to check the entry requirements at different universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The better universities will require you to sit an A-level or two on top of the BTEC. They will also expect a D or D* in the BTEC itself.

Some universities may nominally accept it (Oxford, LSE), but, in practice, are so competitive that the mere fact that you took one reflects badly on your perceived academic ability. That may, in turn, result in an early rejection. Hence why BTEC is often not acceptable on its own, as a qualification.

Honestly, it's best to take a look at the university admissions website. If you're still in doubt (for instance, if the website does not explicitly refer to BTECs), call the admissions office.

ReputationRep:
    Although I wouldn't expect to get in the top 10 with just BTEC Business, you can still get into Durham if you have been doing A levels on top of BTEC. I applied this year with a BTEC for the law course to Birmingham, Reading, Kent, York and Exeter. I have already got offers from Birmingham, Kent, Reading and an interview from York. Still waiting for the reply from Exeter. You just need to write a personal statement which shows that you have done your research on what the subject entails and try to explain how your skills and learning makes you suitable for the course.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/cour...e/law/law.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkokmloi)
    Although I wouldn't expect to get in the top 10 with just BTEC Business, you can still get into Durham if you have been doing A levels on top of BTEC. I applied this year with a BTEC for the law course to Birmingham, Reading, Kent, York and Exeter. I have already got offers from Birmingham, Kent, Reading and an interview from York. Still waiting for the reply from Exeter. You just need to write a personal statement which shows that you have done your research on what the subject entails and try to explain how your skills and learning makes you suitable for the course.
    How weird!!! I too have a BTEC and applied to York, Reading and Kent for Law!! Been offered an interview by York as well! If you don't mind me asking, how did you get an offer from Birmingham?? I presume you must have got D*D*D* in like business studies because they said I was unlikely to be offered a place with Aviation Operations.....😖

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbwalker)
    How weird!!! I too have a BTEC and applied to York, Reading and Kent for Law!! Been offered an interview by York as well! If you don't mind me asking, how did you get an offer from Birmingham?? I presume you must have got D*D*D* in like business studies because they said I was unlikely to be offered a place with Aviation Operations.....😖
    Yh I am doing business, but they don't just want D*D*D*, they want 18 distinctions, so it's still gonna be hard to get in. I hope you get offers from the rest of your choices.

ReputationRep:
    Yh I am doing business, but they don't just want D*D*D*, they want 18 distinctions, so it's still gonna be hard to get in. I hope you get offers from the rest of your choices.
    18?

Yeah obviously

ReputationRep:
    Well other than the ones I've already stated, I applied to Sheffield and City, so hopefully I get offers from all of them. But UCAS is done till tomorrow with maintenance so I can't check yet 😖

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.