Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Will my student finance be stopped/effected if I defer for two months? Basically my university is telling me that I don't pay my first instalment fee by 17th of November, I will be withdrawn from my course.

Its currently reading week so I'm meeting with faculty next week, my next instalment isn't until the 31rst January. And the woman I talked to said i can interrupt my studies to deal with this issue. Basically 6-7 weeks in to the course.

So I may ask if I can defer and start in January next year (2 months). But I'm worried if that will effect my student finance loans. As I don't want to drop out but I used my first instalment to actually move to bournemouth. And I thought I would be able to pay when next loan came in, as I would show them that I am being finance and waiting on scheduled payments. But if I've suspend my start date to January will my loan stop?

As I'm not fully enrolled due to fees not being paid.

Please help.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horcrux)
    Will my student finance be stopped/effected if I defer for two months? Basically my university is telling me that I don't pay my first instalment fee by 17th of November, I will be withdrawn from my course.

Its currently reading week so I'm meeting with faculty next week, my next instalment isn't until the 31rst January. And the woman I talked to said i can interrupt my studies to deal with this issue. Basically 6-7 weeks in to the course.

So I may ask if I can defer and start in January next year (2 months). But I'm worried if that will effect my student finance loans. As I don't want to drop out but I used my first instalment to actually move to bournemouth. And I thought I would be able to pay when next loan came in, as I would show them that I am being finance and waiting on scheduled payments. But if I've suspend my start date to January will my loan stop?

As I'm not fully enrolled due to fees not being paid.

Please help.
    Why are you only getting a living costs loan and not also getting a tuition fee loan (that would go straight to BU and pay your fees)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Why are you only getting a living costs loan and not also getting a tuition fee loan (that would go straight to BU and pay your fees)
    I got the post graduate loan and assumed that would happen, but I get it in instalments £10,280. So its comes in 3 grand every three months and at master degree level It has to come through me apparently, I only have my experience with student finance from the three years of doing my bachelors degree. And the university was paid first before anything I didn't realise I would have to it myself. I assumed Bournemouth was going to get their fee and I would get what remained but it didn't work out that way. Bournemouth uni said they sent me letters but I didn't get any. I would be easier if the uni could just get paid in full so I didn't have to worry about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.