Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it bad that i'm kind of upset that a boy isn't 'crushing' on me anymore? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hiya,

so, basically, i've known this boy (let's call him 'A') for about 10 years- we went to primary school together, and now we're in yr 11. we were friends in primary, but as soon as we got to secondary, we stopped speaking, and we haven't really spoken to each other properly since yr 7.
    a couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine told me that she catches him 'staring' at me 'all the time', and i didn't believe her, until i saw it for myself. i guess from that point, one could argue that he had a 'crush' on me, but in all honesty, i'm not exactly crush worthy, so i don't really believe that- i just don't know if that was true or not.
    yesterday, i was telling another one of my friends how i like this boy that likes my other friend (convenient, right?), but i didn't realise that A was sitting near us, and i am not sure if he heard or not, but today, i didn't catch him staring at me (i make it sound quite creepy, it's not like that, honestly, haha). i also ACCIDENTALLY forgot to give him a worksheet in english today, and he didn't day say anything because he's quite shy, and i just felt bad for the rest of the day, and i've not a clue why.
    also, when i see him talking to other girls, i kind of get jealous, i guess, and i just don't like it- i don't know why. i've never seen him like that, so i don't think i'm crushing on him, too, now? but, the whole of today and yesterday, i just feel like he doesn't 'like' me anymore, and it's stressing me out. i feel like a horrible person, ugh, i don't even know how to explain this, but can someone tell me what is happening to me? does he really not like me anymore? is it bad that i'm kind of upset that he doesn't 'like' me anymore?

i'm so, so sorry if i came across vain in any way, in that, i just don't know how to properly explain this without sounding like a stuck up b*tch

thank you for any help xxx
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanababe78)
    hiya,

so, basically, i've known this boy (let's call him 'A' for about 10 years- we went to primary school together, and now we're in yr 11. we were friends in primary, but as soon as we got to secondary, we stopped speaking, and we haven't really spoken to each other properly since yr 7.
    a couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine told me that she catches him 'staring' at me 'all the time', and i didn't believe her, until i saw it for myself. i guess from that point, one could argue that he had a 'crush' on me, but in all honesty, i'm not exactly crush worthy, so i don't really believe that- i just don't know if that was true or not.
    yesterday, i was telling another one of my friends how i like this boy that likes my other friend (convenient, right?), but i didn't realise that A was sitting near us, and i am not sure if he heard or not, but today, i didn't catch him staring at me (i make it sound quite creepy, it's not like that, honestly, haha). i also ACCIDENTALLY forgot to give him a worksheet in english today, and he didn't day say anything because he's quite shy, and i just felt bad for the rest of the day, and i've not a clue why.
    also, when i see him talking to other girls, i kind of get jealous, i guess, and i just don't like it- i don't know why. i've never seen him like that, so i don't think i'm crushing on him, too, now? but, the whole of today and yesterday, i just feel like he doesn't 'like' me anymore, and it's stressing me out. i feel like a horrible person, ugh, i don't even know how to explain this, but can someone tell me what is happening to me? does he really not like me anymore? is it bad that i'm kind of upset that he doesn't 'like' me anymore?

i'm so, so sorry if i came across vain in any way, in that, i just don't know how to properly explain this without sounding like a stuck up b*tch

thank you for any help xxx
    Even if you don't feel the same way, it validates you and makes you feel good about yourself, and when you lose it it takes it away again. Nothing vain or selfish about it.

ReputationRep:
    He was interested in you, you didn't want him. Now he's accepted that fact and finally moved on realising that there are other attractive girls who will want him, you feel slighted.

Leave the boy alone, you had your chance.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

so you dont like him but at the same time it bothers you when he tries to move on, perhaps you even drop confusing hits that lead to him believe you do like him

quite mean and manipulative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    Even if you don't feel the same way, it validates you and makes you feel good about yourself, and when you lose it it takes it away again. Nothing vain or selfish about it.

that makes quite a bit of sense, thank you so much x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so you dont like him but at the same time it bothers you when he tries to move on, perhaps you even drop confusing hits that lead to him believe you do like him

quite mean and manipulative
    i never had any intentions of leading him on; i didn't even believe that he 'liked' me- for all i know, it could've all been in my head.

ReputationRep:
    If you aren't really interested in him then it's kinda unfair to feel that way although obviously you can't stop him talking to other girls XD. Hopefully he likes and gets on with a girl that will like him back someday .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    If you aren't really interested in him then it's kinda unfair to feel that way although obviously you can't stop him talking to other girls XD. Hopefully he likes and gets on with a girl that will like him back someday .
    i know it's unfair, and i feel really horrible- i've never had someone have a 'crush' on me, so i didn't know what to do. i do want the best for him, of course. thank you for your reply, nonetheless xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanababe78)
    i know it's unfair, and i feel really horrible- i've never had someone have a 'crush' on me, so i didn't know what to do. i do want the best for him, of course. thank you for your reply, nonetheless xx
    Yeah I normally feel quite guilty for having crushes on people a lot of the time because how it makes the person being crushed on feel guilty lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    Yeah I normally feel quite guilty for having crushes on people a lot of the time because how it makes the person being crushed on feel guilty lol.
    i do feel really guilty, and i just want to say sorry to him
    but, thank you so much for responding x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.