Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Think I got hired for an ulterior motive, should I quit? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A chance no one else in 5 years was willing to give me? seems very suspicious.
    Ye, but do they even know that tho

ReputationRep:
    1) I did some stuff when I was younger, pissed off the wrong people. More recently I screwed "them" over and caused them to lose a lot of money.
    They obviously don't care about money if they're paying you to do a job do they? Its not like they will get that money back - it will go to your closest relative if you were to die.

2) The psychiatrist has been paid to prescribe me poisons which only make me feel worse. He says they are antipsychotics, they are not
    Wait so there is a second entirely separate conspiracy also involved here? You are both being targeted by everyone around you and the psychiatrist is prescribing poison separately? Who is paying him to do that? Why?

3) People in my workplace talk to each other, they repeat stuff I've said at home. Sometimes they play my conversations through the walls. Also when I go to the supermarket on the loudspeakers they play back my conversations with like my mum or whoever. They also narrate stuff I've been doing earlier that day or week at home so everyone can hear.
    So now the supermarket is involved. Also I assume everyone who shops at the supermarket too? Because they'd definitely get complaints if not.

How many thousands of people have these 'wrong people' employed to get back at you? The costs to run this fake town just to torture you will be running into the millions now - how much could you have lost them to make this worth it?

4) The only voices I hear are the ones induced by the poisons the psychiatrist gave me.
    So you never heard voices through the walls or in the supermarket prior to the antipyschotics?

5) My cats beg for food when I get home. I know they're really cute cats and whoever has been the person responsibile for collecting the data has been giving them treats. I'm not stupid, I know the grunt collecting the data is human and if you saw two really cute cats you'd probably be tempted to feed them too. They never used to beg. Ever. As they knew they wouldn't get anything.
    Cats beg. Its what they do. This is not evidence.

6) As I said, a long drawn out death is far better torture for what I did. As you've seen in this thread, no one believes me and no one would care if I killed myself. Young guy died in tragic car wreck = people would care, they're might be an inquiry or something this is far crueler.

7) See 6.
    6) doesn't answer 7) at all. Have you googled what i asked or not?

So in conclusion: there are two possibilities. One is that all the employees at your workplace, all the employees and customers at your supermarket, and your psychiatrist are all being paid millions of pounds just to try to give you the illusion of all the classic signs of schizophrenia (like running commentary, voices from the walls etc). The second is that you might be one of the many thousands of people who suffer from hallucinations as part of a mental illness. What do you think?

This will be my last post. Good luck with your troubles.

(Original post by lil minx)
    If they make you feel worse then don't take them.
    Hmm really can't agree with that.

Some medications are for symptoms e.g. painkillers, laxatives. If you've given them a fair trial and they aren't working then definitely stop taking them. But there are others which target underlying disease processes, like aspirin or diabetes medication. You should take them if prescribed even if you don't 'feel better' as they are about treating a disease and long term benefit. Antipsychotics take weeks to start working, and so fall more into the latter category.

OP should definitely definitely take what the psychiatrist has prescribed, and if they are not working it should be taken up with the psychiatrist, not just stop taking them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    They obviously don't care about money if they're paying you to do a job do they? Its not like they will get that money back - it will go to your closest relative if you were to die.

Wait so there is a second entirely separate conspiracy also involved here? You are both being targeted by everyone around you and the psychiatrist is prescribing poison separately? Who is paying him to do that? Why?

So now the supermarket is involved. Also I assume everyone who shops at the supermarket too? Because they'd definitely get complaints if not.

How many thousands of people have these 'wrong people' employed to get back at you? The costs to run this fake town just to torture you will be running into the millions now - how much could you have lost them to make this worth it?

So you never heard voices through the walls or in the supermarket prior to the antipyschotics?

Cats beg. Its what they do. This is not evidence.

6) doesn't answer 7) at all. Have you googled what i asked or not?

So in conclusion: there are two possibilities. One is that all the employees at your workplace, all the employees and customers at your supermarket, and your psychiatrist are all being paid millions of pounds just to try to give you the illusion of all the classic signs of schizophrenia (like running commentary, voices from the walls etc). The second is that you might be one of the many thousands of people who suffer from hallucinations as part of a mental illness. What do you think?

This will be my last post. Good luck with your troubles.

Hmm really can't agree with that.

Some medications are for symptoms e.g. painkillers, laxatives. If you've given them a fair trial and they aren't working then definitely stop taking them. But there are others which target underlying disease processes, like aspirin or diabetes medication. You should take them if prescribed even if you don't 'feel better' as they are about treating a disease and long term benefit. Antipsychotics take weeks to start working, and so fall more into the latter category.

OP should definitely definitely take what the psychiatrist has prescribed, and if they are not working it should be taken up with the psychiatrist, not just stop taking them.
    Well, that's your opinion.

I personally wouldn't take any medication that made me feel worse or wasn't working or both.

I'd ask for something different ASAP.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

I personally wouldn't take any medication that made me feel worse or wasn't working or both.

Asking for something different is fine. Stopping taking something without consulting a doctor is not.

I personally wouldn't take any medication that made me feel worse
    I throw up every time I take it because it is poison.

ReputationRep:
    What if your "Boss" is reading this thread....

What if your "Boss" is reading this thread....

I guess my problem is solved. He'd realise I know he sold out. I may get fired. I can stop them bugging my house but I would have no money for rent or food. Either way I think this predicament ends the same way, rn the voices and walls are shouting to do what they want and end this miserable existence. My vision is blurry I'm so cold im scared and I'm fed up.

ReputationRep:

Then you are doing yourself significant harm. Another good example would be diabetes medication. Some can cause diarrhoea, so people stop them. This tends to settle after a month or so but they don't wait that long. And now because they couldn't put up with some loose stool, their sugars go up, they get eye problems and sometimes go blind, they get blood supply problems and sometimes lose feet, they get atherosclerosis and get more heart attacks and strokes. All for some transient diarrhoea. And the second line drug is nowhere near as good, even if they did seek advice after stopping it (which they often don't).

Antipsychotics are absolutely something that should not be stopped without expert advice. This is especially true because people who need antipsychotics often aren't good at telling when their disease is better or worse. The fact that you can tell you are unwell and hearing voices that shouldn't be there may well be a substantial improvement to previously.

Yes you can do this. But don't stop in the meantime!

I go into work in the morning. Do I quit or not?

ReputationRep:
    No you don't quit, but if you're not feeling capable of going in just ring in sick for now and again go to see your GP, or rather psychiatrist as you've said you already got one.

He/she isn't against you, explain your fears and if the medication is making you feel unwell mention that but don't just stop it. You don't want to end up sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

You mentioned it's a big coincidence that the job in your town appeared looking for the degree you had. If you look at it in another way - what are the chances of ANY coincidence happening to someone in your town? The chances are pretty high! So it's not a big coincidence really afterall.

ReputationRep:
    You need to see your gp more than anything else. No one here can help you more than they can. It might be best for you to go to a safe place voluntarily so you can think these things through.

ReputationRep:
    If this is a troll job then it's the best one I have seen in a while 8/10

If somehow this is legit then OP you need stronger meds, because the one's you're getting clearly aren't working that well....

ReputationRep:
    People have not been massively understanding here. OP is clearly sick. OP you need to listen to your doctors. No one is trying to bug you or anything else, sounds like you just got lucky, maybe your manager also had hard times and wanted to take a chance on you. It happens.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.