Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a Palestinian anything. AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    I did one of these for being a ex christian and it was really interesting. As always, bad questions will be ignored. Im 14 and i lived in Gaza till 11, when i finally came to the UK as a asylum seeker, alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westham315)
    I did one of these for being a ex christian and it was really interesting. As always, bad questions will be ignored. Im 14 and i lived in Gaza till 11, when i finally came to the UK as a asylum seeker, alone.
    You are a brave girl! Really. Life must have been difficult, hopefully, youll feel at "home" in the UK. My question is: Do you ever have horrible flashbacks of your homeland? You dont need to answer if you dont want to.

ReputationRep:
    have you tried Weetabix™ ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on IDF?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    What is your opinion of Israel/Israelis and Jews living outside Israel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_ambitious)
    You are a brave girl! Really. Life must have been difficult, hopefully, youll feel at "home" in the UK. My question is: Do you ever have horrible flashbacks of your homeland? You dont need to answer if you dont want to.
    Im a guy .

I used to have flashbacks but i rarely have them now, only if sad or reminded of something.

(Please do not read if you are sensitive)
    Spoiler:
    Show

(aged 10 at the time) The one flashback i do have has a true story behind it. One day we were playing on the street beside my friends house, his name was Tariq. We were other boys and we were all playing and messing around and then there was a Israeli Patrol coming (2 soldiers). We did not see them coming and they told us to clear. Tariq was very stubborn,he said we were not doing anything wrong.

I told him to leave it because the Israeli was very mean looking. He then started to argue with the Israeli. By this time, all the other boys had cleared and me, Tariq and the 2 Israelis were there. Tariq enraged the Israeli so much, the pig raised his gun at him.He become quiet very quick. The pig said "talk" again and again. His Dad heard all the noise and he came outside and stood in front of the barrel of the gun.

He pleaded him not to do anything.The Israeli then asked for papers of Tariq's dad. They looked at them and told him to get us inside. The day after, his house was ransacked by Israeli thugs and to never see my only friend ever again and his dad ever. I cant even thank the man who taught me English, so i can type this story. The boy who looked after me even though i wasn't Muslim at the time, just gone. Just gone.

(This is one of the flashbacks i get, i get ones about my dad but i cant type that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnek)
    What is your opinion of Israel/Israelis and Jews living outside Israel?
    I have no problem with Jews, i have a problem with Israel.Jews can live wherever they please. When u kill my people, bomb my villages, build illegal houses, then i have a problem.Jews can live wherever they please. Israel stole my country so if they live under Palestine they can live wherever they please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    Thoughts on IDF?
    They are ruling over a false land and defending nothing. They took away my best friend and his dad.They are pigs, they care about nothing but messing with my people.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem with Jews, i have a problem with Israel.
    The state or the people?

Jews can live wherever they please.
    Including Palestine?

When u kill my people, bomb my villages, build illegal houses, then i have a problem.Jews can live wherever they please. Israel stole my country so if they live under Palestine they can live wherever they please.
    So once a peaceful Two State settlement has been achieved, you will be fine with rich Israelis buying up cheap Palestinian land and building settlements there.

ReputationRep:
    As always, bad questions will be ignored.
    Who decides what a "bad question" is, and what are the criteria on which that decision is made?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Who decides what a "bad question" is, and what are the criteria on which that decision is made?
    Himself as it's his AMA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)

So once a peaceful Two State settlement has been achieved, you will be fine with rich Israelis buying up cheap Palestinian land and building settlements there.
    This has to be one of my favourite zionist argument against the 2 state settlement even though it's been debunked many many times.

(Original post by QE2)
    Well, I suspect this would be one of them since you're known for wasting time being pedantic for no reason other than the intangible pleasure you get from inundating online users with your drivel.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Where's Wally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offsetWHOOP)
    This has to be one of my favourite zionist argument against the 2 state settlement even though it's been debunked many many times.
    Explain.

Well, I suspect this would be one of them since you're known for wasting time being pedantic for no reason other than the intangible pleasure you get from inundating online users with your drivel.
    Please don't inundate me with your online drivel.

And one man's pedantry is another man's clarity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Explain.
    I'd have to explain land economics to you. Far too long unfortunately, I have a life to get along with. Plus it is too deep into academia than you can reach.

(Original post by QE2)

Please don't inundate me with your online drivel.

And one man's pedantry is another man's clarity.

It was two lines.

Silly phrase. Im guessing people who like to think they "win" arguments by boring someone with pedantry made it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offsetWHOOP)
    I'd have to explain land economics to you. Far too long unfortunately, I have a life to get along with. Plus it is too deep into academia than you can reach.
    I'd use the famous (alleged) Einstein quote here, but you probably wouldn't understand it.

Silly phrase. Im guessing people who like to think they "win" arguments by boring someone with pedantry made it up?
    Correct! It was me! :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    I'd use the famous (alleged) Einstein quote here, but you probably wouldn't understand it.
    For someone who's built a career out of arguing on TSR I must say i'm disappointed with your response.

ReputationRep:
    Im a guy .

I used to have flashbacks but i rarely have them now, only if sad or reminded of something.

(Please do not read if you are sensitive)
    Spoiler:
    Show

(aged 10 at the time) The one flashback i do have has a true story behind it. One day we were playing on the street beside my friends house, his name was Tariq. We were other boys and we were all playing and messing around and then there was a Israeli Patrol coming (2 soldiers). We did not see them coming and they told us to clear. Tariq was very stubborn,he said we were not doing anything wrong.

I told him to leave it because the Israeli was very mean looking. He then started to argue with the Israeli. By this time, all the other boys had cleared and me, Tariq and the 2 Israelis were there. Tariq enraged the Israeli so much, the pig raised his gun at him.He become quiet very quick. The pig said "talk" again and again. His Dad heard all the noise and he came outside and stood in front of the barrel of the gun.

He pleaded him not to do anything.The Israeli then asked for papers of Tariq's dad. They looked at them and told him to get us inside. The day after, his house was ransacked by Israeli thugs and to never see my only friend ever again and his dad ever. I cant even thank the man who taught me English, so i can type this story. The boy who looked after me even though i wasn't Muslim at the time, just gone. Just gone.

(This is one of the flashbacks i get, i get ones about my dad but i cant type that)
    I'm so sorry for calling you a girl. Also deeply sorry for your friend, can't imagine what you've been through. I feel so saddened by this story and how pointless and hurtful war is! That Israeli soldier deserves to be punished and I'm not a violent person. Your so brave and amazing don't forget that. Stay strong

ReputationRep:
    Do you perceive the blatant Judaification of our culture via organisations like the BBC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    The state or the people?

Including Palestine?

I have a problem with the state and the people who claim to be Zionists. Yes, anyone will be welcome to live under a Free Palestine. Jews in Israel are allowed to buy up land and use it legally. Only one country must exist, Palestine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.