Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

fancy a girl but I'm too shy to ask her out Watch

So I'm 16 and doing my A levels. there's this girl that I barely talk to but when I do shes so nice. I really fancy her and she's so good looking.

the thing Is, I'm not one of the popular people in school and I'm shy. I don't know how to let her know I like her. I don't want to go up and say that I like her directly to her face.

I'm worried that if I do ask her out that she'll say no, laugh in my face and then go and tell her friends and I'll be made to feel like a joke in front of everyone.

What should I do???
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    ask her when you're alone- if you do it in front of everybody, she may be inclined to say no, so if you it alone, you can reduce that inclination. also, girls like shy guys, but don't be too shy around her, else she might think that she's making you uncomfortable.

good luck! xx

ReputationRep:
    maybe talk to her more so she gets comfortable with u , make her laugh and feel welcomed then she'll more likely to say yes

ReputationRep:
    dude, firstly,try and spend more time with her, make yourself an option for love. but ultimately when the time is right, absolutely go for it. i have a ton of regrets for not asking out people i liked

I don't know how to spend time with her though. how do I do that?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    maybe talk to her more so she gets comfortable with u , make her laugh and feel welcomed then she'll more likely to say yes
    This but make sure not to go too far as it leads to friend zone Make sure she is comfortable around you and then pop the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know how to spend time with her though. how do I do that?
    say stuff to her , like how her day was , idk

(Original post by AAJacobs)
    dude, firstly,try and spend more time with her, make yourself an option for love. but ultimately when the time is right, absolutely go for it. i have a ton of regrets for not asking out people i liked
    How do I start talking to her though? Do I just walk up and say hi? I know this is something so simple but I find it too difficult!

ReputationRep:
    Find things you can talk about and talk. Make jokes. Eventually just ask her out. Do make her think of you as just a friend, and by this i mean don't just talk constantly and never ask her out. Express an interest in her by complimenting her.
    That's about all i can say. I'm not really qualified but i had a girlfriend over the summer and this is what i did.
    It helped having a lot of lessons with her and us being friends in the past (4 years before but we stopped talking after a while).

ReputationRep:
    If you have a lesson with her ask if she got a question on the homework you didn't. If not look for things she does that you can do that you also like doing.

ReputationRep:
    talk to her more, she will be more likely to say yes if she knows you than if you were just someone she saw or a complete stranger, it’s better to be friends before asking someone out cause to go out with someone you have to actually like their personality
    but if she says no or doesn’t like you then don’t be mad, if she doesn’t like you then she doesn’t like you and you can’t change that, plus why would you want to go out with someone who doesn’t like you back

ReputationRep:
    just talk to her as if she was a normal person ( which of course she is ! ). it will soon become clear if she finds you attractive. then you can move to the next level.

Do you have her number/social media? If you do start from there, casually asking her what she got up to, how her day was. Us girls love that!

When you are alone with her, start a conversation that you can both engage in like e.g her past school, Art...ect.
    Just have short conversations with her. Those are easy to do with anyone. Don't let her feel like you're nervous to talk to her.
    When you are used to talking to her more, she will start conversations with you. Then just progress from there...

-drub

Do you have her number/social media? If you do start from there, casually asking her what she got up to, how her day was. Us girls love that!
    Yes I have her on facebook. I've never had a conversation with her on facebook though. would it not look a bit creepy me randomly messaging her asking how her day was out of the blue?

Yes I have her on facebook. I've never had a conversation with her on facebook though. would it not look a bit creepy me randomly messaging her asking how her day was out of the blue?
    Ahhh ok I get you. If you have snap that might have made it a little easier. As in you could have just replied to her story or something and made convo from there. Also, have you ever spoken to her in real life?

ReputationRep:
    Develop a friendly relationship before telling her you like her, it'll increase your chances of getting a date.

Ahhh ok I get you. If you have snap that might have made it a little easier. As in you could have just replied to her story or something and made convo from there. Also, have you ever spoken to her in real life?
    Yes but not an in deep in conversation. maybe in passing e.g saying hi

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.