Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's your fave underrated game that needs some extra love?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Lawbreakers, its dead af but it was fun. Stopped playing because it's that dead.

ReputationRep:
    Viva Piñata. This game is loved by many but believe me this game is genuinely flawless and - even though not my personal favourite - is probably the best game ever made
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Gray Matter. I think anyway, since I've got no concrete way of knowing how well it sold, but none of my friends have played it at the very least. :moon:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I can name so many SNES games here, but is this still contemporary? no, I don't think so. It is so hard to call games, as I have hardly played the 'modern' games, and when I did this occasionally with friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I can name so many SNES games here, but is this still contemporary? no, I don't think so. It is so hard to call games, as I have hardly played the 'modern' games, and when I did this occasionally with friends.
    A lot of SNES games still hold up imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    PS3 Games

Catherine
    Child of Eden
    Demon's Souls (well, it took time)
    Asuras Wrath
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Transformers Devastation
    Vanquish
    Flower

PS2 Games

REZ
    Ring of Red
    The Warriors
    Gradius V
    The Thing
    Freedom Fighters
    God Hand
    Okami

PlayStation Games

Vandal Hearts
    King's Field
    Soul Blade
    Jumping Flash
    Tobal No.1
    Front Mission
    Devil Dice
    Destruction Derby 2
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    A lot of SNES games still hold up imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still hold up? I am afraid I don't understand. Seriously, I don't get it. Can you be a bit clearer, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Still hold up? I am afraid I don't understand. Seriously, I don't get it. Can you be a bit clearer, please?
    As in, they have aged well. Like fine wine. They aren't outdated yet despite being twenty years old. Games like the donkey kong country trilogy, square enix RPGs, street fighter is still pretty decent. Obviously there are some games that are now outdated like super Mario kart, but that is still an influential game at its time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    As in, they have aged well. Like fine wine. They aren't outdated yet despite being twenty years old. Games like the donkey kong country trilogy, square enix RPGs, street fighter is still pretty decent. Obviously there are some games that are now outdated like super Mario kart, but that is still an influential game at its time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can just agree with you. Good old game series never get outdated, they revive again and again. But the underrated ones I can recommend are out of date for so long.

ReputationRep:
    does journey count?

ReputationRep:
    The early tomb raider games were pure class.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    The early tomb raider games were pure class.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How's tricks, Fusion? I was unaware you're still on TSR. I remember you from several years ago when other users with high post counts were around such as ApeGoneInsane, cdon, lella_m. Do you keep in touch with anybody?

As for TR, they have always been recognised as being great by even non-gamers. Most of the TR games on Playstation went platinum. I was playing the original game this month and it's easy to forget how challenging it is with sparse save points. I felt like I was playing Dark Souls at times :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Just the simple ones.

- Pic-a-pix/Nonograms

- Parameters

- Twenty

- Cross-a-pix

- Link-a-pix

ReputationRep:
    Nuclear Throne. Hard as hell, never beat it, but it's really fun to play. (Even if I want to bang my head against a wall playing it.)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Cs:Go joking, something like dark sector loved that game very much enthralling great story a shame it's not a big hit.

ReputationRep:
    The Tribes series always seem underrated IMO. They helped pioneer what we see in many modern fps games, but never really had a continued following themselves. I've always had a particular soft-spot for the original (showing my age here), although I've also enjoyed the newer ones.

ReputationRep:
    Darksiders 1 and 2. Literally knew no one who played them but they amazing games.

ReputationRep:
    Banished, on PC.

The vanilla game loses its players after a few hours. With mods, it turns into something like Tropico/Civ, but set in a medieval village.

ReputationRep:
    Heroes of ruin 3ds, diablo on a handheld

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.