Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you have TSR to thank for? Watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    A lot of us have been on TSR for a long time and use it frequently. Whether it's help with a subject or friends you've made, or even a great way to procrastinate... what do you have TSR to thank for?

I have TSR to thank for a lot of things, from help during A levels, applying to and through University, to support with mental health, to making brilliant friends and meeting my amazing partner over 3 years ago :heart:

ReputationRep:
    it is wonderful to be able to use my banging spelling skills to help other people.

ReputationRep:
    Distracting me from doing my personal statement!

(It's okay guys, it's being done... sometime soon anyway.)
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    it is wonderful to be able to use my banging spelling skills to help other people.
    I totally misread and left the spelling part out :eek::giggle:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have TSR to thank for meeting one of my best friend's. We met on the OU forum on here and then we started talking in PMs and then that moved onto text and Snapchat and after a year, we met up for the first time and our friendship has gone from strength to strength and we still text every day and she was at my wedding recently she gets on well with my husband and family too and even calls my gran her 'Scottish Granny' :laugh: Without TSR, we probably wouldn't have met.

I'm also very thankful for the mental health support I've received from MHSS over the years. I can't thank everyone from MHSS enough. Y'all know who you are :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    I totally misread and left the spelling part out :eek::giggle:
    :spank:
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentials)
    Distracting me from doing my personal statement!

(It's okay guys, it's being done... sometime soon anyway.)
    Haha awww! What are you applying for and when do you hope to submit it? I hope TSR has helped in some productive way :lol:
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rum Ham)
    I have TSR to thank for meeting one of my best friend's. We met on the OU forum on here and then we started talking in PMs and then that moved onto text and Snapchat and after a year, we met up for the first time and our friendship has gone from strength to strength and we still text every day and she was at my wedding recently she gets on well with my husband and family too and even calls my gran her 'Scottish Granny' :laugh: Without TSR, we probably wouldn't have met.

I'm also very thankful for the mental health support I've received from MHSS over the years. I can't thank everyone from MHSS enough. Y'all know who you are :hugs:
    Aww! How long ago did you start talking?

Can't agree more with the support from MHSS, it's amazing! :hugs:

Gives me somewhere to rant incoherently, because who the **** cares what a bunch of basement dwelling 12 year olds think.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Aww! How long ago did you start talking?

Can't agree more with the support from MHSS, it's amazing! :hugs:
      About 3 and a half years ago
      • Section Leader
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      EDIT: quotes deleted post
      • Section Leader
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AngeryPenguin)
      Gives me somewhere to rant incoherently, because who the **** cares what a bunch of basement dwelling 12 year olds think.
      Yeah it's definitely a good place to have a rant or talk to people with the protection of being on the internet/behind the screen. Although weirdly I think most people on here are quite a bit older than 12
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      All the amazing friends I have made, emotional support, the pizza I won for my Fresher's blog, and the opportunity to be a CA. :love:
      • Section Leader
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Michiyo)
      All the amazing friends I have made, emotional support, the pizza I won for my Fresher's blog, and the opportunity to be a CA. :love:
      Aww that's awesome! Free pizza?!? I'm jel, what type?

ReputationRep:
      TSR has allowed me to procrastinate in a way that i enjoy.
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Aww that's awesome! Free pizza?!? I'm jel, what type?
      Extra pepperoni, extra ham, extra tandoori chicken, and extra Chipotle pulled pork :coma:

ReputationRep:
      Keeping me busy
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      Since I started using TSR I have become a much better procrastinator.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      MHSS has really helped me over the years. People understand and don't judge unlike everyone IRL.
      • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Sabertooth)
      MHSS has really helped me over the years. People understand and don't judge unlike everyone IRL.
      yeh this

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.