Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you have TSR to thank for? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For sometimes distracting me when I should be studying, applying for shizz, paying attention to whoever's talking, or sleeping

Thanks bunches tsr! :rave:

(😑😑)
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I've met a lot of brilliant people through TSR and many of my st colleagues helped me through any rough times.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I've met some truly amazing people on this website, who have gone way beyond my expectations. I wouldn't be here were it not for certain members of MHSS and TSR'S X Soc (which I'm no longer a part of, but still!). I wouldn't have stood up to people at uni and written the complaint letters that I did, were it not for members of GOG Soc. Equally I probably wouldn't be on my PhD course, were it not for members of GOG Soc.

I am particularly indebted to Pathway , who I'm a really bad friend towards. Nevertheless, Pathway has always been validating of my mental health experiences, and encouraged me to stand up to my psychiatrist and to try and get myself heard. That conversation with the psychiatrist led her to put me on a waiting list for more therapy, which proved life-changing.

ReputationRep:
    For giving me a place where I can offer support to others? I find it personally fulfilling and satisfying and I genuinely do hope to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I've met some truly amazing people on this website, who have gone way beyond my expectations. I wouldn't be here were it not for certain members of MHSS and TSR'S X Soc (which I'm no longer a part of, but still!). I wouldn't have stood up to people at uni and written the complaint letters that I did, were it not for members of GOG Soc. Equally I probably wouldn't be on my PhD course, were it not for members of GOG Soc.

I am particularly indebted to Pathway , who I'm a really bad friend towards. Nevertheless, Pathway has always been validating of my mental health experiences, and encouraged me to stand up to my psychiatrist and to try and get myself heard. That conversation with the psychiatrist led her to put me on a waiting list for more therapy, which proved life-changing.
    :hugs: Not a bad friend at all! You've been amazing to me (still are!). i honestly don't know where I'd be without you helping me through various really hard times. I owe you so much. :console: Still really proud of you for standing up to your psych. and getting yourself heard. Not easy especially when they're being dismissive. :no: You're still a really great friend of mine, always will be. Just sorry I'm really crappy about contact at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    TSR= two minutes of getting away from work and then spending an hour on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    A place for the nerds,by the nerds.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I love TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    I'm glad to see the positive spin on this. I used to use it to procrastinate SO much during A levels and uni :lol: How do you usually use it to procrastinate/which forums? I used to use forum games loads for it
    Well instead of doing my homework or extra work for one of my four a levels i read threads and talk to people. Mostly in the relationship section because I find that stuff interesting for some reason.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.