UCAS application (delayed) Watch

Doctorwhovianxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I finished my UCAS application off in early October with hopes to send it off around then. The Cambridge/Oxford/Medicine students were a priority at this time, and I was like fine, I'll wait. Comes their deadline, I finally can send mine off, I am constantly emailing and begging teachers to arrange times to do so. They are always 'unable' to as they are somehow 'busy' (my head of sixth form is both that and a teacher so she's teaching most of time). Come after the half-term, I finally manage to have a meeting with her. Was all set to send off, but my ****ing references weren't complete. So after begging and nagging my form tutor for two weeks, it gets done, and I set to meet my tutor again. I've asked everyday this and last week, shes always somehow 'busy.' She emailed me saying she was free today, I go in, turns out she has lessons. I honestly am tired of waiting I don't know when this will be complete, I started crying my eyes out in the common room today. My parents feel like they should send a complaint to the school, as its not fair on me to have to wait so long for this ****, like I already know people who started their application after mine and have received offers (from different schools lol). I just wanted to get the stress of UCAS off my shoulders, and have mine sent in as early as possible, looks like thats not happening anymore, starting my application early was so pointless. What should I do?
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Doctorwhovianxo)
I finished my UCAS application off in early October with hopes to send it off around then. The Cambridge/Oxford/Medicine students were a priority at this time, and I was like fine, I'll wait. Comes their deadline, I finally can send mine off, I am constantly emailing and begging teachers to arrange times to do so. They are always 'unable' to as they are somehow 'busy' (my head of sixth form is both that and a teacher so she's teaching most of time). Come after the half-term, I finally manage to have a meeting with her. Was all set to send off, but my ****ing references weren't complete. So after begging and nagging my form tutor for two weeks, it gets done, and I set to meet my tutor again. I've asked everyday this and last week, shes always somehow 'busy.' She emailed me saying she was free today, I go in, turns out she has lessons. I honestly am tired of waiting I don't know when this will be complete, I started crying my eyes out in the common room today. My parents feel like they should send a complaint to the school, as its not fair on me to have to wait so long for this ****, like I already know people who started their application after mine and have received offers (from different schools lol). I just wanted to get the stress of UCAS off my shoulders, and have mine sent in as early as possible, looks like thats not happening anymore, starting my application early was so pointless. What should I do?
I doubt you're the only person in your school that's being delayed.

If it's any consolation, as long as your application is sent to the universities before the UCAS deadline, then you will be treated in the exact same way by university admissions offices as students that sent their application early.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise