Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do muslims (/asians) not date outside their religion/race? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicbeans1212)
    Erm who the hell is racist? It is complex and you just assume it's a general thing
    Ignore him tbh
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I see loads of asian girls with non asians

ReputationRep:
    They are very few white Muslims. Vast majority of Muslims in the UK are Asian so obviously they'd be more likely to marry another Asian Muslim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaz254)
    What CAN you do in Islam? Seems like you can't do much.
    What do you KNOW about Islam?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Muslims do this far more and are much more strict than all other races/religions. If a Muslim girl dates a white boy or even a girl of any race, she would probably be treated like **** and maybe disowned. Other races/religious families (white etc.) aren't batshit crazy like that.
    What CAN you do in Islam? Seems like you can't do much.
    big man ting. Mans trying hard to look cool and try to diss Islam but infact knows nothing about it. fam stop trying hard because you are making an arse of yourself

ReputationRep:
    Culture thing.. My parents and wider family are closed minded...

ReputationRep:
    1) Coz we dont wanna have our hearts broken and have all of their family ready to kill them
    2) I guess culture and people's outlook on other religions scares or just annoys the fact that they are breaking the trend... My family said i have 2 marry somebody of my race... sad times.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I read all comments so far and I wanna point out the following:

1. Dating isn't allowed in any way in religion
    2. I'm a Bangladeshi, and my parents wouldn't like to see me be in a relationship/marry a Pakistani or an Arab XD. So you can see where I'm going.
    3. For NON-MUSLIMS....., Let me give you an idea when you see a Muslim dating another Muslim or a non Muslim.

Catholic is a sect or Christianity, Protestant being another one. Similarly in Islam, we will see there's sect involved if you haven't realised. Sunni(strict, the Catholic version of Islam basically) and Shia(the Protestant version of Islam), I know for a fact that Shia Muslims allow dating similar to Protestant Christians. So I can conclude that Shia Islam is a less strict version of Islam, which we barely see anyone following.... just cos it's not strict enough and more weird jazz.
    But like some non-strict Catholics, we will see Sunni Muslims forcinicate and date other people, even if they are from very strict Muslim families.

So there's nothing else for me to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    Mummy and daddy won't let them.
    What do you mean ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.