Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm applying to chemical engineering MENg but I have heard that your firm choice uni will drop you down to BENg if they don't turn their original offer, so you are technically garunteed a place?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSC16)
    So I'm applying to chemical engineering MENg but I have heard that your firm choice uni will drop you down to BENg if they don't turn their original offer, so you are technically garunteed a place?
    I'm not really sure what you mean... could you elaborate a bit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I'm not really sure what you mean... could you elaborate a bit?
    Would your firm choice let you into BENg and not MENg if you didn't get the requisites
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSC16)
    Would your firm choice let you into BENg and not MENg if you didn't get the requisites
    It depends on the university. I think some will do this if you still meet the BEng grades, but others will reject you outright (and some also have the same grades for BEng and MEng).

Also, BEng vs MEng doesn't matter until you're actually at university, as it's your university grades that determine what route you go down, not your A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    They might. You're better off just applying to the BEng course to get a lower offer.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSC16)
    Depends on the university. I know Loughborough do this, and will let you onto the BEng if you miss the MEng grades but meet the BEng ones. I think a few other places do this too, but places like Cambridge or Imperial (almost certainly) wont.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.