Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best tips for driving test? got it next week Watch

ReputationRep:
    Best tips?
    The test is only 40 min long so will go quickly.

& what show me tell me questions did u get?

ReputationRep:
    Just relax. Your instructor wouldn't waste everyone's time if you weren't ready so the only way you'll fail is if you panic and do something silly.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's changed since I did it like 5 years ago but the main things i'd say that still carry over are:

- Do your research with regards to what happens in the actual test.
    - Remain calm as you can...the MOST important thing in the test by far...I didn't even know how to bay park when I did mine and he also took me on a route that I had never driven on. I remained composed and it was fine.
    - Take your time doing the manoeuvres, they should be quite generous and let you take your time doing these I believe.
    - It's better to be safe than sorry, if you are 50/50 about taking a turn, don't take it i'd say. You rather get a minor than a major.

You have it booked, so your instructor does feel like you are ready. So just keep calm and go for it. The worst that can happen is you can fail....you can just rebook it. It's not the end of the world.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.