Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im 16 year 12, he's 18 first year uni is it too much? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I like this guy, he amazing, completely not infatuation, He is beautiful to me on the inside and the out. He's a Gemini guy though and Im a Cancerian girl. I've known him since I was 14 and he was 16, hes 18 now, and im 16. I know age is a big deal to him but since ive turned 16 he's started considering me. I'm unsure what to do, I like him, and we've talked about it and I can tell he gets avibe off me too, just being the Gemini guy he is he wants to go with the flow, Ive just come off of social media because I felt I need to better myself and he is in first year uni, he should have space to meet other girls. My question is, is the gap too big? I have friends my age talking to 20 year olds, which is a bit much, but Ive known him since he was 16, and we've kind of grown with the gap, but is there like no hope? and was it a wise move to come off of social media to better myself, and give him space? Do you think think the gap will make up grow apart?

No it’s not. Once you go to uni as well the age difference won’t even get noticed. And it’s fine now too.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

You're both above the age of consent, so it really depends how you both feel about it. Are you mature enough for an LDR with someone at a different stage of their life? Two school years is not a big difference, really.

Don't feel you need to better yourself to impress someone though. Do it for yourself because if I'm being honest, you probably won't see each other in that way in a couple of years time. And your next few years will be a big platform for adult life. No guy is worth the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    What does your star sign have to do with any of this? Just see where it goes. Talk to each other about what you want from each other.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, what does a university student want with a 16 year old girl? The main focus should be uni (however, not everyone has my mindset). It does seem awfully strange. I do think gap will make you grown apart.

ReputationRep:
    *the gap will make you grow apart.

No, 2 years isn’t even that huge of a gap

I slept with someone ten years older when i was 16 go ahead girl

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.