Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I achieved the grades A*A*A in all humanities (hist, socio, rs) in June 2016 in one sitting. I'm taking a gap year to hopefully make a great application for 6 year courses designed for those without science A levels such as the one at Keele. Do you think I have a realistic chance if I really try hard?

ReputationRep:
    do they srsly not want atleast 1 science a-level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    do they srsly not want atleast 1 science a-level
    Nope! It's their health foundation year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OkashiAddict)
    Nope! It's their health foundation year!
    do u have a link of this plz , i wanna see this myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    do u have a link of this plz , i wanna see this myself
    https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/mbc...arformedicine/

ReputationRep:
    I'm not english but i'll say you what Iwould say to anyone from my country: the idea that you can't do a science degree without coursing science subjects at A-levels is total ********. It's true that it's going to be harder for you at first, but you'll see that all the A-level science is contained within the first one, two terms. But anyways, if you aren't confident that you can make it, just do a one-month prep course (offered by many unis) if you can, or watch videos, read medical journals...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stakanovicius)
    I'm not english but i'll say you what Iwould say to anyone from my country: the idea that you can't do a science degree without coursing science subjects is total ********. It's true that it's going to be harder for you at first, but you'll see that all the A-level science is contained within the first one, two terms. But anyways, if you aren't confident that you can make it, just do a one-month prep course (offered by many unis) if you can, or watch videos, read medical journals...
    Do you know what a Foundation Course is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OkashiAddict)
    I achieved the grades A*A*A in all humanities (hist, socio, rs) in June 2016 in one sitting. I'm taking a gap year to hopefully make a great application for 6 year courses designed for those without science A levels such as the one at Keele. Do you think I have a realistic chance if I really try hard?
    You have the grades and you have a gap year to get all the relevant experience/voluntary work so you have a very good chance it's up to you now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicbeans1212)
    You have the grades and you have a gap year to get all the relevant experience/voluntary work so you have a very good chance it's up to you now
    Yep, think it will be worth the time and risk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stakanovicius)
    I'm not english but i'll say you what Iwould say to anyone from my country: the idea that you can't do a science degree without coursing science subjects at A-levels is total ********. It's true that it's going to be harder for you at first, but you'll see that all the A-level science is contained within the first one, two terms. But anyways, if you aren't confident that you can make it, just do a one-month prep course (offered by many unis) if you can, or watch videos, read medical journals...
    I don't think they'd offer this course if they didn't think those without science could do the degree... That's the whole point of the first year...

ReputationRep:
    well idk what to say because every time someone reply's to you and says "i don't think you can do it" or that you'll probably struggle ou reply saying that you can and that they are wrong. Do you want their opinions or not?? because it doesn't look like you do at all...

ReputationRep:
    There are lots of foundation year to medicine courses for people, who haven’t done science A levels. You have a good chance as you have already achieved those grades. However, there are other entry requirements such as work experience. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactuss)
    well idk what to say because every time someone reply's to you and says "i don't think you can do it" or that you'll probably struggle ou reply saying that you can and that they are wrong. Do you want their opinions or not?? because it doesn't look like you do at all...
    I think OP is looking for advice. Saying "I don't think you can do it" with no justification, is not advice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.