The Student Room Group

why are [south asian] muslims so close-minded?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by premedmath
'Integrated' and yet they shout out "Allah Snack-bar". The UK is not an Islamic country.

What are you even on about?
Original post by Anonymous
Its true about marriage especially. I'd like to get married outside of my race/family but I don't know how my parents would react :O

It's sad to think that, this sort of thing breaks families.
Reply 42
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel

This guy whose hobbies are netflix and drinking with his friends will never appeal to a Muslim. It's partly because he's physically grotesque but there is an element of his values being boring and suicidal, like an old man who has accepted death before he's reached old age

Fam, dun be so snakey like dat. dont chat bout people like tht innit. lukkat him bruh, he be livin how he wants. Don't judge G.
Be lit. :2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l:
Original post by AadamG
nah, fam u don't get it. look bruh. i kno in the western culture you guys can marry anyone but in the asian/muslim community it's preferred to marry to a an asian or muslim (which tbh is understandable) i'm British pakistani by Birth.
c'mon G u geddit tho.
Its not like we's totally ainst it tho

So despite the prophet of Islam saying: "Verily there is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab or of a non-Arab over an Arab..." where it clearly exemplifies that the idea of ethnicity and race having importance holds no place in your religion, yet you seem to support the idea of separatism? :o:

correct me if i'm wrong.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AadamG
Fam, dun be so snakey like dat. dont chat bout people like tht innit. lukkat him bruh, he be livin how he wants. Don't judge G.
Be lit. :2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l:

He looks like how people used to draw aliens with oversized skulls, except it's worse because he looks like a blend of a child who merged with an old man and never experienced true adulthood.
Original post by Sadek542
What are you even on about?

I was only stating the facts :wink: Please don't blow up my house for this.

Fine i won't blow it up.... Not yet 😂

here's some facts:

Islam Radicalism
Original post by JamesGardiner96
here's some facts:

Islam Radicalism

All groups have their bad eggs. Christians, Blacks and whites. If we stop basing people on stereotypes and grouping them up rather than judging people based on their own individual actions. Then we will never truly progress and history will repeat itself.

However, it is also best not to be oversensetive at times too.
By statistics you mean biased articles?

Believe in what you believe in.
I was once brainwashed by the left-wing pro-immigration media like you. :wink:
Believe in what you believe in.
I was once brainwashed by the left-wing pro-immigration media like you. :wink:

:rolleyes: good ol' left-wing pro-immigration media

The amount of articles I could give about the insanely messed up things white people (athiest and christians) have done is insanely long you really don't want to play this game. Grow up and really think for a change see people as individuals.

What are you? White atheist?
The amount of articles I could give about the insanely messed up things white people (athiest and christians) have done is insanely long you really don't want to play this game. Grow up and really think for a change see people as individuals.

please stop making your religion look bad by trying to deface white people in a failed attempt to "protect"! :frown:

I'm black :smile: I think you're the racist here
:rolleyes: good ol' left-wing pro-immigration media

Finally I get to see a wild Beta-male here... Allah should give a kiss on your bum cuz you are just so lovely!
As a South-Asian Muslim myself, I find that the less there South-Asian Muslims there are, the more they 'integrate into society' as you like to call it. I mean in terms of my friend group I have Christians Hindus and Atheists all in one group and we don't make a fuss but I can't say that for everyone. In terms of marriage, I guess it's just a matter of how hey were raised and personal preference as I know that many of us tend to marry those who we're more familiar with in terms of culture as many may fear it would be difficult to integrate their ways with their spouses of they were to be of a different culture. I reiterate that I am no expert in this and that this is just from my general knowledge of this.
[QUOTE="JamesGardiner96;74513722"]

yes, there has been a drastic increase in hate crimes, but that's not the point of this thread.

Im not talking about drastic increase, this has been going on for decades. Its the reason many muslims choose to live in same part of town for safety. Intolerance goes both ways.

okay here's an example, since you want to talk about same faith - why not a white Muslim? or is it more to do with race.. :redface:

How many white muslims do you know ? People marry people they come across in their lives, friends of friends etc no one goes looking specifically for a particular colour
Muslims from:

IM BENGALI!! Just thought i'd let all you guys know. lel

Quick Reply

Latest