Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Taking a break from Uni..? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Recently I lost my father, I feel like my life is just so messed up and going really tough!
    Also this year I also started Uni, doing LLB Law my first year.
    I just don't feel like studying for a while and I want to take a break from everything including my course and even my part-time job.
    Is there any way I can take a break from Uni even just for one semester, if you have experiences of interrupting your course too or know anything about this procedure could you please share it, I would really appreciate your help.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I’m sorry to hear about your dad.
    The best thing to do in my opinion is talk to the university your taking your course at, they can be very sympathetic and be more flexible around you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    So sorry about your dad.

I don't have any first hand experience of this but one of my flatmates decided to take a break in her final year of uni, suspending her studies in term 1 of year 3 until the following year. She was able to carry over the credits she'd already completed and was given an individual deadline for her dissertation (obviously this wouldn't apply to you). I'd imagine it should be even more straightforward for you since you're in first year.

Do you have a personal tutor? This person would probably be your best point of contact initially.

Best of luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.