how do you revise???Watch
Past paper marking schemes also have "indicative content" to tell you what to write. If you don't have a lazy half-assed teacher, do an exam question, note what paper it is from and your teacher might mark it for you and be able to give you feedback.
Benefits of doing past papers to revise:
- Get more and more acquainted with essay writing.
- Remember things useful for your essay, you'll start to be able assign studies to essay questions and remember the correct studies once the question comes up.
- Feedback from teachers is invaluable. They see things that the students don't. Source: Me at Psychology GCSE + A Level.
- Efficient way of learning for the exam.
Disadvantages of doing past papers to revise:
- Lazy teachers might not want to mark any essay questions you do and either will outright refuse to mark it or will half-ass it.
- Only a limited amount of previous papers.