Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am going on to do an apprenticeship after year 11.

What I wanted to is that I've heard you need a National Insurance number to be employed my birthdays on January 13th 2018 and some of the apprenticeship say that you will be starting on for example 20th November 2017 and I wanted to know what would happen if I they wanted to interview my and I didn't have a national insurance number. Also I heard good apprenticeship applications start around Sep-oct-Nov time so will I need to apply after January.

Any replies Thank YoU 👍
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The best thing in these cases is making sure the moment they say ‘hey would you like to come for an interview ‘ this is where you need to be upfront and say you dont have your national insurance yet.

A lot of apprenticeship jobs would feel like you would of wasted their time as they weren’t aware of this implications. Why not wait until January to apply ?

ReputationRep:
    Because most good jobs are in Sep-oct-Nov time and some require qualifications and I haven't even sat my GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    When do you finish year 11? Surely you will be starting next year, after you have your NI number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goni_311)
    Because most good jobs are in Sep-oct-Nov time and some require qualifications and I haven't even sat my GCSE's
    Then your best chance at this moment is waiting until you got your GCSEs then move from there
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goni_311)
    I am going on to do an apprenticeship after year 11.

What I wanted to is that I've heard you need a National Insurance number to be employed my birthdays on January 13th 2018 and some of the apprenticeship say that you will be starting on for example 20th November 2017 and I wanted to know what would happen if I they wanted to interview my and I didn't have a national insurance number. Also I heard good apprenticeship applications start around Sep-oct-Nov time so will I need to apply after January.

Any replies Thank YoU 👍
    So anything due to start before you sit your GCSEs you should ignore for now. Anything due to start August 2018 or later, you'll be fine to apply for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.