Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do biomedical science and they changed everything gor this year and moved all exams on the computer and i prefer working on paper, so i failed my first exam because i couldnt underline the key words and everyone else got As or Bs and its worth 8% of the module. We have to do a presentation on a topic on anything in science and in partners, the teacher said our topic is too simple and my partner is so ****ing irritating she never turns up amd she rushed though the presantation even though its worth 25%, I hate working with her I want to drop out but my parents arnt letting me and my alevels arn’t the best. I tried emailing my personal titor to see her but shes never in office. Please help is it too late to switch courses to law maybe
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Pisces42)
    I do biomedical science and they changed everything gor this year and moved all exams on the computer and i prefer working on paper, so i failed my first exam because i couldnt underline the key words and everyone else got As or Bs and its worth 8% of the module. We have to do a presentation on a topic on anything in science and in partners, the teacher said our topic is too simple and my partner is so ****ing irritating she never turns up amd she rushed though the presantation even though its worth 25%, I hate working with her I want to drop out but my parents arnt letting me and my alevels arn’t the best. I tried emailing my personal titor to see her but shes never in office. Please help is it too late to switch courses to law maybe
    Depending when your term started then I think its almost certainly too late to switch and they may not have space for you either. Talk to the Law department and just enquire if there was any chance. Your weak A levels dont help and they may not be sufficient.

Switching onto computer sounds a strange reason to quite your degree.

As for your study partner, then talk to them and keep a diary of complaints where you feel they arent pulling their weight. Go and speak to your department, the head if needed to point out your tutor isnt available and you need to speak to someone.

Perhaps you can do the presentation on your own? If I was in the situation then I would just prepare it myself ready to go.

Also go and speak to a student advisor.

ReputationRep:
    wait so you failed an exam because u don't know how to underline on a simple word document ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    wait so you failed an exam because u don't know how to underline on a simple word document ?
    The exam wasn’t on word, it was on a different programme that prevents you accesseing any other app on the computer, why would they put an exam on word, seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Depending when your term started then I think its almost certainly too late to switch and they may not have space for you either. Talk to the Law department and just enquire if there was any chance. Your weak A levels dont help and they may not be sufficient.

Switching onto computer sounds a strange reason to quite your degree.

As for your study partner, then talk to them and keep a diary of complaints where you feel they arent pulling their weight. Go and speak to your department, the head if needed to point out your tutor isnt available and you need to speak to someone.

Perhaps you can do the presentation on your own? If I was in the situation then I would just prepare it myself ready to go.

Also go and speak to a student advisor.
    I tried emailing my personal titor for the last two weeks and she hasnt been in office
    • Very Important Poster

I tried emailing my personal titor for the last two weeks and she hasnt been in office
    Then you can raise that point with whoever you talk to at department. Dont you have a lecturer you like or feel you can talk to?

Ive given you enough advice to help resolve your dilemma. Think solutions and not problems.

ReputationRep:
    Then you can raise that point with whoever you talk to at department. Dont you have a lecturer you like or feel you can talk to?

Ive given you enough advice to help resolve your dilemma. Think solutions and not problems.
    Im going to the head of the department and no offence but i only asked and how can somone give enough advice?
    • Very Important Poster

Im going to the head of the department and no offence but i only asked and how can somone give enough advice?
    Because ive told you what you need to do and how to resolve the situation. What more do you expect? I dont see anyone else who took the time to offer you advice, plus it happens to be the right advice.

If the person who is there isnt available then talk to someone who is.

If its been two weeks then why havent you talked to an advisor in the student union?

ReputationRep:
    Because ive told you what you need to do and how to resolve the situation. What more do you expect? I dont see anyone else who took the time to offer you advice, plus it happens to be the right advice.

If the person who is there isnt available then talk to someone who is.

If its been two weeks then why havent you talked to an advisor in the student union?
    Because the head of biomed hasn’t responded to me and thanks for the advice but you dont need to get annoyed and my parnerdid foundation year so she just dorsnt come even when i text her and the presentation has to be done in pairs

ReputationRep:
    The exam wasn’t on word, it was on a different programme that prevents you accesseing any other app on the computer, why would they put an exam on word, seriously?
    well I've done exams on word so that's why , so what programme was it

ReputationRep:
    Probably talk to your tutor to get the best advice bc they probably could help you the most
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.