Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shall I play hard to get? Are you into that? Watch

Girls and guys: are you into people who play hard to get? Or are you more about people being straight up? ATM I'm really into this guy-although we're both being a little hot and cold with each other. From my side it's because I get quite nervous sometimes. Would it be better to play a little 'hard to get' rather than come off too strong?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I quite like playing hard to get just cause i enjoy the chase just as much as being in a relationship. but i think it all depends on the individual really. My advice would be just to go with what you feels right with him.

ReputationRep:
    Balance. Thats where it's at. Too much of 'hard to get' or 'easy' can be a turn off. Find that golden line and balance on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Girls and guys: are you into people who play hard to get? Or are you more about people being straight up? ATM I'm really into this guy-although we're both being a little hot and cold with each other. From my side it's because I get quite nervous sometimes. Would it be better to play a little 'hard to get' rather than come off too strong?

i would love for a girl to be strong and not play hard to get . cos it can be quite difficult to read the messages girls give and playing hard to get could be perceived as you not liking him but just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to get??? Nah what makes you think you're that special? It just comes off as rude sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Don't "play" hard to get: be "hard" to get.

ReputationRep:
    Nah i really hate it. If I detect someone is actively playing hard to get as a game I find it a massive turn off. Some people seem to like it though so idk *shrugs*.

ReputationRep:
    Annoying

(Original post by Jayxml)
    Balance. Thats where it's at. Too much of 'hard to get' or 'easy' can be a turn off. Find that golden line and balance on it.
    It will be a long and strenuous journey but I am sure one day I will attain 'the balance'. (Thank you :P )

(Original post by Emerald777O)
    Hard to get??? Nah what makes you think you're that special? It just comes off as rude sometimes
    Well recently another girl came off as too strong towards him and he stopped speaking to her.

ReputationRep:
    Mind games. Hate them.

ReputationRep:
    If I was trying to get to know someone that I feel I would love if they were hard to get then I would probably give up because I would have thought they don't like me the same way and this means that we missed out on something that could have been great. (If they liked me the same way but thought playing hard to get would make me like them more.)

(Original post by Profesh)
    Don't "play" hard to get: be "hard" to get.
    I shall 😂

(Original post by monkeyman0121)
    If I was trying to get to know someone that I feel I would love if they were hard to get then I would probably give up because I would have thought they don't like me the same way and this means that we missed out on something that could have been great. (If they liked me the same way but thought playing hard to get would make me like them more.)
    That's deep. I feel as though he's playing hard to get (or just gets nervous idk)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's deep. I feel as though he's playing hard to get (or just gets nervous idk)
    If you are both nervous about this sort of thing then that is good. It means you have something in common and you both feel that the relationship is serious and both of you don't want to make a stupid mistake.

I would recommend talking to him and asking him if he feels the same way as you and you then ask him if he wants to go out sometime. When I think of nervous people type I think places like the cinema, cafe, park, zoo etc.

Once you get to know each other better invite each other to the others house and watch a movie or play some games or anything like that.

If you do watch a movie watch a horror, I remember seeing online that it releases some chemicals that get you both to feel closer somehow.

(Original post by monkeyman0121)
    If you are both nervous about this sort of thing then that is good. It means you have something in common and you both feel that the relationship is serious and both of you don't want to make a stupid mistake.

I would recommend talking to him and asking him if he feels the same way as you and you then ask him if he wants to go out sometime. When I think of nervous people type I think places like the cinema, cafe, park, zoo etc.

Once you get to know each other better invite each other to the others house and watch a movie or play some games or anything like that.

If you do watch a movie watch a horror, I remember seeing online that it releases some chemicals that get you both to feel closer somehow.
    Ooooh thank you

ReputationRep:
    I mean if you get quite nervous then playing hard to get doesn't sound like it would be fun for you?
    in my opinion it's too easy to misinterpret that kind of thing, can be read as 'not interested' in a flash and then you have gotten nowhere. if you're worried that he won't like you then I guess just try and be friendly?
    I'm not very good at making a game out of a relationship. if I like someone, I tell then (i don't make a song and dance about it I just tell them), and if that puts them off then I guess they weren't for me

(Original post by rinofthemill)
    I mean if you get quite nervous then playing hard to get doesn't sound like it would be fun for you?
    in my opinion it's too easy to misinterpret that kind of thing, can be read as 'not interested' in a flash and then you have gotten nowhere. if you're worried that he won't like you then I guess just try and be friendly?
    I'm not very good at making a game out of a relationship. if I like someone, I tell then (i don't make a song and dance about it I just tell them), and if that puts them off then I guess they weren't for me
    Ok yes that's true. I think it just depends where I am and who I'm with. Sometimes I'll get really nervous and other times I'll be the complete opposite. I just want to clarify it's not making a game out of it. It's just that I don't want to come across as too strong/keen. Thank you for the advice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.