adriannala
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What offers has anyone received from Kings College London and what do people think of the university? I recently got an offer for Maths and Statistics with grades BAA* b in english a in further maths and a* in maths. What is the feel at the uni?
dutchstudent123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got an offer for physics, AAB I believe
GovernmentEarner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I received an A*AA offer and scholarship last year but rejected it (on a gap year now). It's a well respected university in the context of the UK and globally but it's often overshadowed by LSE, UCL and Imperial, and in a lot of fields quite significantly overshadowed. But it is a good uni for sure probably places like 10th or 11th best in the UK. It's a more relaxed uni than the other's in London I mentioned, which can be nice, although I'm quite a driven person and like similarly minded people so I want to go to LSE (which is just over the road to King's ).

You should visit King's!
adriannala
Rep:
?
(Original post by GovernmentEarner)
I received an A*AA offer and scholarship last year but rejected it (on a gap year now). It's a well respected university in the context of the UK and globally but it's often overshadowed by LSE, UCL and Imperial, and in a lot of fields quite significantly overshadowed. But it is a good uni for sure probably places like 10th or 11th best in the UK. It's a more relaxed uni than the other's in London I mentioned, which can be nice, although I'm quite a driven person and like similarly minded people so I want to go to LSE (which is just over the road to King's ).

You should visit King's!
What made you decide to take a gap year? What course did you apply for? I am also applying to the other unis you mentioned, although I am not sure even with AA*B that my grades will be high enough. What do you think my chances are of getting into LSE? I would also really like to go there. I should visit Kings.
GovernmentEarner
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by adriannala)
What made you decide to take a gap year? What course did you apply for? I am also applying to the other unis you mentioned, although I am not sure even with AA*B that my grades will be high enough. What do you think my chances are of getting into LSE? I would also really like to go there. I should visit Kings.
I was previously doing law but discovered I find it very dull and I wanted a year out anyway. I have re-applied to politics, economics and history based courses. If the course you apply for at LSE is AAA then your A*AB is equivalent to this. LSE heavily relies on your personal statement, it's the make or break factor so make sure it's good if you apply
dutchstudent123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

You should visit King's!
What do you mean by overshadowed? I don't want to go there if there's a better uni down the road. It would make me feel inferior.
adriannala
Rep:
?
I was previously doing law but discovered I find it very dull and I wanted a year out anyway. I have re-applied to politics, economics and history based courses. If the course you apply for at LSE is AAA then your A*AB is equivalent to this. LSE heavily relies on your personal statement, it's the make or break factor so make sure it's good if you apply
Hey, ok thanks for the advice!
GovernmentEarner
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dutchstudent123)
What do you mean by overshadowed? I don't want to go there if there's a better uni down the road. It would make me feel inferior.
Imperial in known as better for science and LSE is known as better for social sciences/humanities. And UCL is seen as essentially all round better.

But London is massive remember and Kings is 4th best in London out of a Lot of universities it’s still better than some other good ones in London (QMUL, SOAS). And it’s still like 10th in the UK.
Although yes LSE/UCL/ICL students do take the mick out of kings, but it’s just a bit of fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.94%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (45)
27.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (68)
41.21%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.03%

Watched Threads