Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my hamster is walking weird :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    hey, my hamster is walking pretty weird lately. he is very old. in a month he will be 2 years old. but since a while ago he started walking with his butt lifted up? before he walks he just lifts up his butt and then starts walking. it seems pretty uncomfortable and I don't know if I should be worried about this? is it because he is an old hamster? or is it really something to worry about? I couldn't find anything on the internet about this

ReputationRep:
    CoolCavy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justaquestion90)
    hey, my hamster is walking pretty weird lately. he is very old. in a month he will be 2 years old. but since a while ago he started walking with his butt lifted up? before he walks he just lifts up his butt and then starts walking. it seems pretty uncomfortable and I don't know if I should be worried about this? is it because he is an old hamster? or is it really something to worry about? I couldn't find anything on the internet about this
    Best to check with a vet. He may have hurt his leg or something. Pets at home have a vet.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Here's a link where you might find the answer:
    http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topi...walking-funny/

I suggest taking your hamster to the vet before anything terrible happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Best to check with a vet. He may have hurt his leg or something. Pets at home have a vet.
    i was thinking about that, I just wanted to know if it wasn't some kind of aging thing. but I guess I have to go to the vet. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badmathkid)
    Here's a link where you might find the answer:
    http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topi...walking-funny/

I suggest taking your hamster to the vet before anything terrible happens.
    well I just changed my hamster from a small cage to a big cage, but he has been walking like this when I gave him another cage. but he has been kinda sick a lot. he had a tumor which suddenly just disappeared and he got another virus. I guess I have to go to the vet indeed thank you!

ReputationRep:
    well I just changed my hamster from a small cage to a big cage, but he has been walking like this when I gave him another cage. but he has been kinda sick a lot. he had a tumor which suddenly just disappeared and he got another virus. I guess I have to go to the vet indeed thank you!
    Oh no. Have you tried putting him back in his old cage but just cleaned it? I hope it's nothing serious and he gets better soon!

ReputationRep:
    Buy him crutches 0_o

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. Have you tried putting him back in his old cage but just cleaned it? I hope it's nothing serious and he gets better soon!
    I havent tried that yet. but I will! I also hopes it is nothing serious. I lost my other 2 hamster on the same day because they were sick and I really don't want that to happen to him too

ReputationRep:
    Please take him to the vet if you think something may be wrong! A vet will be far more useful and accurate than anyone on TSR! Especially since the vet will be able to physically see the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liquidconfidence)
    Buy him crutches 0_o
    :O the problem is that something is odd with both of his legs 0_o so I would have to buy him a mini wheelchair

ReputationRep:
    I havent tried that yet. but I will! I also hopes it is nothing serious. I lost my other 2 hamster on the same day because they were sick and I really don't want that to happen to him too
    Awhh!! All the best for your hamster! I'm sure he'll be fine. Take him to the vet as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaz254)
    Please take him to the vet if you think something may be wrong! A vet will be far more useful and accurate than anyone on TSR! Especially since the vet will be able to physically see the problem.
    That is true! and I really have considered taking him to the vet but I remember seeing a video a few months ago about a hamster that walked the same way mine does now. so I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just something silly that an old hamster does. but since no one knows it I am definitely going to the vet!

ReputationRep:
    Awhh!! All the best for your hamster! I'm sure he'll be fine. Take him to the vet as soon as possible.
    I will! sadly that has to be next weekend but he is a though hamster so he will make that

ReputationRep:
    That is true! and I really have considered taking him to the vet but I remember seeing a video a few months ago about a hamster that walked the same way mine does now. so I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just something silly that an old hamster does. but since no one knows it I am definitely going to the vet!
    Yeah it's better to be safe than sorry with pets health and comfort 😀

ReputationRep:
    I will! sadly that has to be next weekend but he is a though hamster so he will make that
    What a brave hamster. I wish him all the best!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a hamster psychologist, I'm afraid to tell you your hamster has social-cryptoamnesia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaz254)
    Yeah it's better to be safe than sorry with pets health and comfort 😀
    true! they may be small but they can mean a lot

ReputationRep:
    What a brave hamster. I wish him all the best!
    thanks and I might be able to go to the vet earlier (not sure kinda complicated) but I will go asap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesGardiner96)
    Hi I'm a hamster psychologist, I'm afraid to tell you your hamster has social-cryptoamnesia.
    what does that mean?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.