Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Parents threaten to kick me out for taking a gap year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Sorry if this is the wrong forum, first time posting, idk how things work round here
    So I applied for my courses today and did a deffered entry for all of them, I've been planning to take a gap year for a while and I do have a plan. I told my parents several times that I'm taking out, they where against it but where like ok when I talked about the deffered entry. Annnd now my mom is throwing a fit and has threatened to kick me out. I'm not sure if they really will but they will probably non stop shout at me and keep putting me down all year, which I really can't deal with, it stressed me the f out. I have anxiety and I'm already overwhelmed with all the UCAS application stuff and coursework and now Im worried as frick about begin kicked out or having to move away ASAP.
    I'm not going to be able to do anything during my gap year if I'm having to pay rent and bills, I won't be able to afford that and travel. There is no point buying a house if I'm going to be in a different country most of the time anyway, and I'll be moving away for uni anyway, I can't take all of my stuff, I need them all at uni and it'll take up too much space, I was planning to leave what I can't take in my parent's attic (which they never ever use btw), but now I'm scared my gap year is gonna go to waste and idk where to go or what to do with my things and such. There worried I won't be able to handle a gap year and just sit at home yet there literary forcing me to not be able to travel or do anything I planned. My mom is convinced that if I take a gap year I won't ever go to uni, and since she didn't even finish high school she's trying to force me to have the live she wanted to. I'm safe until I'm 18 for sure (So January) and I think till I'm in college for now, after that idk. I'm looking for a job right now so I can safe up as much as I can for gap year, and I will work during it too.

ReputationRep:
    M or F?

Are you white? Have you spoken calmly and explained it all to her? Explain gap years are normal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Female, yeah I'm white and yup. They won't listen at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.