Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a year 13 student and am interested in the topic of evolution. The book seems interesting, as it argues against Paley's assumption that evolution is a completely random process, hence requiring a god to design the complexity seen today.

However, I am worried that the book will be too complex for my current knowledge. Has anyone read this book? Do you think it would be accessible for an A level student?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baaah)
    I am a year 13 student and am interested in the topic of evolution. The book seems interesting, as it argues against Paley's assumption that evolution is a completely random process, hence requiring a god to design the complexity seen today.

However, I am worried that the book will be too complex for my current knowledge. Has anyone read this book? Do you think it would be accessible for an A level student?
    Definitely! I've seen people reference it loads in their PSs so go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is quite accessible. You could always read The Selfish Gene first if you are in any doubt.

Although it's important to bear in mind that both books are over 30 years old. Biology, particularly molecular Biology, has advanced massively since then.

ReputationRep:
    It's very accessible, even more so then The Selfish Gene IMO. I read it as an A level student too. (TSG is much better though!)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

I'm currently listening to the audiobook.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.