Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im i good enough for cambridge medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a gap year and I want to apply to Cambridge and study medicine. My GCSEs are 13A*s and 1 A and my A level grades are 5A*s in maths, F maths, biology, chemistry, physics. I done many work experiences and I also been to oxford and Cambridge summer schools. I used to be head boy. I've done a hospital placement in India last year. I've done 200+ hours of volunteering at the Royal hospital of neuro disability. I don't think I'm good enough to get in. What do you guys think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLACKimnotblack)
    I'm in a gap year and I want to apply to Cambridge and study medicine. My GCSEs are 13A*s and 1 A and my A level grades are 5A*s in maths, F maths, biology, chemistry, physics. I done many work experiences and I also been to oxford and Cambridge summer schools. I used to be head boy. I've done a hospital placement in India last year. I've done 200+ hours of volunteering at the Royal hospital of neuro disability. I don't think I'm good enough to get in. What do you guys think.
    Nice troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeldor711)
    Nice troll
    im serious...

I really need serious answers, i have numerous doubts on my abilty. I need people to tell me realistically whether or not i can get into cambridge medicine

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but you have to be a qualified doctor to even keep up with the Medicine course at Cambridge. I would recommend getting a PhD in medicine first elsewhere and to discover the cure for HIV before even considering applying with those grades /s

ReputationRep:
    Hey, don't worry there's nothing wrong with applying and giving it a go, but it depends on BMAT too, but I personally feel like you are quite mediocre, I would recommend only applying if you have 30A*s 12As at GCSE, 9A*s alevelm 92/92 IB, and Gold Dofe done x 12 times, if you do that then you might have had a very good chance but im not sure....

ReputationRep:
    im serious...

I really need serious answers, i have numerous doubts on my abilty. I need people to tell me realistically whether or not i can get into cambridge medicine
    You should try London Met. They may take you with those grades but there’s no guarantee.

ReputationRep:
    No - abuse of exclamation marks will not be tolerated. Then there's the poor, ignored apostrophe, and poor grammar. Sorry.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you, atleast some people take this seriously. Shall i also cure cancer?
    (Original post by WarByte)
    I'm sorry but you have to be a qualified doctor to even keep up with the Medicine course at Cambridge. I would recommend getting a PhD in medicine first elsewhere and to discover the cure for HIV before even considering applying with those grades /s

ReputationRep:
    im serious...

On the off chance that this post is serious, then on paper you are a stunning applicant. As long as you perform well at interview you should have no problem getting in.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you, atleast some people take this seriously. Shall i also cure cancer?
    You can certainly try if you think it'll help your application. However, I think with your current experience you may have a shot if you try really hard

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys for the support. I will take another 15 years gap before uni sso that i can achieve my long term goal of going cambridge. I will re-do my gcses and i will also go to africa and give everyvody ebola just so that i can cure them again.

ReputationRep:
    looool this whole thread had me laughing

ReputationRep:
    lol u litreally made an account today to troll, oh dear

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys for the support. I will take another 15 years gap before uni sso that i can achieve my long term goal of going cambridge. I will re-do my gcses and i will also go to africa and give everyvody ebola just so that i can cure them again.
    That is not funny and disrespectful. " i will also go to africa and give everyvody ebola"

ReputationRep:
    With that English, you’d be lucky to get into a normal University, let alone medicine at Cambridge .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxbridge_)
    lol u litreally made an account today to troll, oh dear
    WHY IS EVERBODY SAYING THAT IM TROLLING, IM HERE TO TAKE MY EDUCATION SERIOUSLY, I ONLY GOT 13A*S AND 2As AT GCSES AND 5A*S AT A LEVELS, DO YOU THINK THATS GOOD? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT. ACCOURING TO ALL THESE LOVELY INDIVIDUALS, I HAVE NO CHANCE OF GOING TO CAMBRIDGE.

ReputationRep:
    WHY IS EVERBODY SAYING THAT IM TROLLING, IM HERE TO TAKE MY EDUCATION SERIOUSLY, I ONLY GOT 13A*S AND 2As AT GCSES AND 5A*S AT A LEVELS, DO YOU THINK THATS GOOD? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT. ACCOURING TO ALL THESE LOVELY INDIVIDUALS, I HAVE NO CHANCE OF GOING TO CAMBRIDGE.
    Dont get angry because we have told you the truth, not our fault you have mediocre stats x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxbridge_)
    Dont get angry because we have told you the truth, not our fault you have mediocre stats x
    Lol you couldn’t have got better grades

ReputationRep:
    you're definitely good enough, no doubts at all

ReputationRep:
    Please explain your username.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.