The Student Room Group

Keep calm and Study hard- Year 10 gyg

Welcome to my year 10 gyg!
Due to the encouragement of two other Tsrians, i have finally decidedto start my own gyg! I have mainly started this gyg firstly because i want to communicate with others who have the same aims and goals with me, motivate and help others and of course the whole point of a gyg, to share my revision, problems and many, many more. You can join me along on this journey through year 10 as i aim for the top grades in all my subjects (even if i hate some of them at the moment *cough cough* french *cough cough*).
Even though many say Year 10 is an 'easy and relaxing year' i'm determined to make the most of year 10 and really buckle down concerning revision techniques and the basics of some topics. Also, this year im planning on doing some work experience so tune in for that too!

Gcse's i have chosen:

Spoiler

Grades i want:

Spoiler

Yes, i know the grades i want to achieve are very high and i believe with the hard work and determination i can achieve the grades i want. I aspire to study medicine at Cambridge(most cliche thing on tsr) so i want to make use of all the resources my parents, school (and tsr!) provide me with to ensure i thrive!

A little about me!:

Spoiler

Wow, i never knew i could ramble on about myself and my goals for so long (its been around 45 mins and im ready to sleep now yay sleep). Anyway, back to the topic! I really do hope you follow me on this stressful but exciting journey through year 10! Thank You xxxxx

OMG DARN IT I NEARLY FORGOT, FOLLOW THESE BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING PEOPLE AND THEIR GYG'S!

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for the tag :biggrin:

Will definitely be watching this thread. I'm pretty sure you can definitely get the grades you want!

Why do you want to do medicine? Why Cambridge?

Btw, I don't like sweets :redface:
Hey! I'm a year 10 as well and I'm doing nearly the same subjects - swap out drama for geography 😂, and I want the same grades, so hi!
Yassss finally!!! Btw thanks for the tag! Let’s go to Cambridge together 😂😂
How do you have a love for physics tho, I just can’t get my head around it!?
(edited 6 years ago)
yay!!
i can’t wait for this :smile:
thank you for the tag, imagine if loads of us ended up at cambridge doing medicine! it would be an awesome class :wink:

but tbh i’m not sure i’m quite that clever :s-smilie:

i really struggle with physics!
i just got a test back and i got 76% - some of the boys got 90% 96% so i was like ughhh why can’t that be me :frown:
Thanks for the tag, really looking forward to seeing your progress this year:biggrin: (why are year 10s so motivated last year I was a sack of potatoes I'm so jealous)
With motivation and a work ethic at that, I'm sure you'll get the grades you want! (and also get into Cambridge whoop whoop)

Also omg yes a physics nerd- how do you do so well in physics? I literally got 50% on my last test so it's really not my strong point at the moment. Any tips?

The best of the luck for this year and the next!:smile:
Hi! Thanks for the tag and I look forward to updates :biggrin:
thanks for the tag:smile:
your options look interesting, I'm in year 11 and also doing edexcel history which topics are you doing? I'm doing/have done medicine throughout time (ew), Elizabethan England (have't done it yet...they're leaving it pretty late!), The Cold war (I find this so interesting!), Weimar Germany (this one was reasonably good, I read loads of books surrounding the topic 'cause I found it interesting) Let me know if we're doing any the same:biggrin:
Good luck with year 10, you seem way more motivated then I was in year 10 (I concentrated in class but didn't do much work out of school till about April..:colone:)
Original post by Nikey
Thanks for the tag :biggrin:

Will definitely be watching this thread. I'm pretty sure you can definitely get the grades you want!

Why do you want to do medicine? Why Cambridge?

Btw, I don't like sweets :redface:

Thank You so much! XXXXX

I want to study medicine mainly because of my younger sister actually. She has been quite ill on many occasions and when i was in Year 8 she spent around a month in hospital. It really did effect me and due to her hospital vists, i was intrigrued to offer the same support the doctors did to my sister. It pained me to think she was lucky and that so many others in the same postition would have died. Eventhough i get really scared when she goes to the hospital for a checkup, along with this i have a strong interest in science and natural curiosity. These reasons (in brief lol) are why i want to pursue in Medicine! ( she's ok now!)

I want to study at Cambridge because i like the structure of the course compared to Oxford and UCL. I like the way Cambridge involves 3 years of pure science then another 3 years of experience at a local hospital. Two things i quite enjoy! (in brief again lol)
Sorry for the briefness of my reply! I'll defo edit it in the future and add wayyyy more :biggrin:
Reply 9
Thanks for the tag :biggrin: let's make this year a good one
Original post by Toastiekid
your options look interesting, I'm in year 11 and also doing edexcel history which topics are you doing? I'm doing/have done medicine throughout time (ew), Elizabethan England (have't done it yet...they're leaving it pretty late!), The Cold war (I find this so interesting!), Weimar Germany (this one was reasonably good, I read loads of books surrounding the topic 'cause I found it interesting) Let me know if we're doing any the same:biggrin:
Good luck with year 10, you seem way more motivated then I was in year 10 (I concentrated in class but didn't do much work out of school till about April..:colone:)

oh wow!
i’m doing elizabethan england as my first topic in edexcel history :smile:
Original post by Ensorcell
Hey! I'm a year 10 as well and I'm doing nearly the same subjects - swap out drama for geography 😂, and I want the same grades, so hi!

Hey! Thats nice! I was going to pick geography instead of drama but i didnt want the pressure of all 3 humanitites! And i love drama! :biggrin:
Original post by mez_merising
Yassss finally!!! Btw thanks for the tag! Let’s go to Cambridge together 😂😂
How do you have a love for physics tho, I just can’t get my head around it!?

Np! YAY lets go to Cambridge! We can bring cloudbubbles and streetduded 28 along with us obvs.Cambridge squaddd!!!!:five::five::five:

I honestly dont know why i love physics! I think its the calculations- to me its not too mathsy its more rearranging formulas etc which i enjoy!:biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by clouddbubbles
yay!!
i can’t wait for this :smile:
thank you for the tag, imagine if loads of us ended up at cambridge doing medicine! it would be an awesome class :wink:

but tbh i’m not sure i’m quite that clever :s-smilie:

i really struggle with physics!
i just got a test back and i got 76% - some of the boys got 90% 96% so i was like ughhh why can’t that be me :frown:

Np! Yassssssssss it would be awesome and i would be soo happy to meet you guys in person! At Cambridge! Studying medicine! Squeeeeeeee:biggrin::colondollar:

You are clever dont say that :biggrin: (your a genius)

Don't worry about physics! Just like anyother subject, practice makes perfect!:biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Thank You so much! XXXXX

I want to study medicine mainly because of my younger sister actually. She has been quite ill on many occasions and when i was in Year 8 she spent around a month in hospital. It really did effect me and due to her hospital vists, i was intrigrued to offer the same support the doctors did to my sister. It pained me to think she was lucky and that so many others in the same postition would have died. Eventhough i get really scared when she goes to the hospital for a checkup, along with this i have a strong interest in science and natural curiosity. These reasons (in brief lol) are why i want to pursue in Medicine! ( she's ok now!)

I want to study at Cambridge because i like the structure of the course compared to Oxford and UCL. I like the way Cambridge involves 3 years of pure science then another 3 years of experience at a local hospital. Two things i quite enjoy! (in brief again lol)
Sorry for the briefness of my reply! I'll defo edit it in the future and add wayyyy more :biggrin:

All good reasons :smile: Glad to hear your sister is ok now.

If I still want to do medicine when I apply to uni I'll probably apply to Manchester, Newcastle, Liverpool and Nottingham. However if I change my mind I'd apply for NatSci at Cambridge so I might see you there :wink:
Original post by troubletracking
Thanks for the tag, really looking forward to seeing your progress this year:biggrin: (why are year 10s so motivated last year I was a sack of potatoes I'm so jealous)
With motivation and a work ethic at that, I'm sure you'll get the grades you want! (and also get into Cambridge whoop whoop)

Also omg yes a physics nerd- how do you do so well in physics? I literally got 50% on my last test so it's really not my strong point at the moment. Any tips?

The best of the luck for this year and the next!:smile:

Thank You so much! :colondollar:

How do i do well in physics? Well, i guess because i like the subject and in year 9 i struggled quite a lot with it so i did loadssss of practice.
Physics is mainly about practising and knowing how to rearrange formulas and applying them! Also flashcards for physics are a must have! They have helped me so much in year 10 already! Xxxx
:wink:
Original post by laurawatt
Hi! Thanks for the tag and I look forward to updates :biggrin:

Thank You and np!:smile:
Original post by Toastiekid

Np!
We're currently doing Renaissance medicine and have an assessment next week....yay

Topics we're doing:
Medieval medicine(done)
Renaissance medicine(done)
18th and 19th century
modern medicine
british sector western front
and i think weimer Germany
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Np! Yassssssssss it would be awesome and i would be soo happy to meet you guys in person! At Cambridge! Studying medicine! Squeeeeeeee:biggrin::colondollar:

You are clever dont say that :biggrin: (your a genius)

Don't worry about physics! Just like anyother subject, practice makes perfect!:biggrin:

yeah! it would be really cool!!
but medicine is such a competitive course, let alone medicine at cambridge :0

have you done forces and motion in physics? (if you do aqa?)

can you give me some tips for that? :smile:
Original post by clouddbubbles
oh wow!
i’m doing elizabethan england as my first topic in edexcel history :smile:

Is it interesting? I’m doing it Jan-March this year if we finish the Cold War on time!

Quick Reply

Latest